Sponsored by Winnebago Industries

Author Topic: Comments on the plastic sinks in new Winnebago/Itasca models?  (Read 1376 times)

1943D18

We are at the "kicking tires" stage of motorhome shopping. Currently have a Jayco Melbourne, and looking at Access Premier / Impulse Silver models because of the added elbow room and sleeping options.   It's probably minor in the grand scheme of things but it seemed odd to us that Winnebago puts plastic sinks in units that ware otherwise quite classy.  I would think these sinks would have a tendency to crack or scratch after some use.  Beyond that, it just looks "cheap".   We are impressed with quality of the units otherwise, compared to other brands.

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
    • Jane and John's Internet Home
Re: Comments on the plastic sinks in new Winnebago/Itasca models?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 12:08:18 PM »
Hi and welcome!

If you otherwise like the unit, get a better sink installed.  Maybe we'll get some plastic sink owners to chime in here.

Do you have a first name that we can call you?  Hi 1943D18 is just a tad clunky.  I'm familiar with a Beech D18 - any significance?
--John
2005 Horizon 40AD, 2006 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

1943D18

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 10:09:22 AM »
John - sorry to be clunky.  You can call me Mike.

1943 Martn D-18 (guitar)

thx,

Mike

ennored

• ---
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 10:39:08 AM »
We don't like the plastic sink in our Adventurer. We've taken good care of it though, and beyond looking slightly dirty even after a good cleaning, it has held up. No scratches or cracks.

Not 100% sure if the sink we have in our '04 is the same as new ones these days though.
2004 Winnebago 31Y
F53 chassis

Hosted by Over The Network