Converter not charging batteries.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arne

This is the fourth major problem with my 2006 Adventure this year. (Steps, refrigerator, fuel pump).

This time the Parallax 7455T converter is not charging the house batteries.  The voltage reads 12.4 Volts at the converter, I have no way of reading the voltage at the batteries, as I cannot identify the lead from the converter.  I suspect that there is a circuit breaker of some sort between the converter (under the fridge) and the batteries (under the steps), so no current reaches the batteries.  The batteries are brand new, and they are readily charged by my regular charger.

We are currently attending the GNR, so I will ask Winnebago for help if no other solution can be found.

Edit by John:  changed message icon to Topic Solved

The first things I would check, and maybe you already have, is the converter plugged in, and is there 120 volts to the outlet.  Perhaps a third thing since you mentioned you have new batteries.  Did all the wires on the batteries get put back on?

Paul

Those are good suggestions. Thank you.  Unfortunately the problem is not that simple.  The  batteries are connected and all 12 Volt systems are working fine.  I.e. current flows out of the batteries, but not in.

Arne - is 120V on the input to the converter?  We're at the GNR also - I can help you troubleshoot if you want.  We're in section B, Row 8, site 17.

Great!  Will some time tomorrow morning work for you?  We are in the Wisconsin row (c3 16) tell me when to stop by.
This is the GNR, We  have 115 Volts. The converter is supposed to work with 9o Volts, so that should not be a problem.

I just installed a new converter.  Everything works.  Thank you John!

The big surprise is John has beard.  Time to change your picture John.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom