Faucet problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmontoya

Hello all I have a question regarding the faucet on my starcraft meteorite.  When I open the faucet there is a vibration.  Anyone know whAt I can do to remedy this situation.  Not only will I appreciate the help but the people who camp next tO me will also appreciate it.

Thanks

John

Probably a check valve, either where your water hose connects or on the hot water heater. Many people have simply removed check valves for the water heater and others prefer to replace them. Usually you can remove the check valve, remove the spring and piston and reinstall the gutted valve.

On the water connection, its there as a backflow device and on the water heater, it used in the winterizing process.

All the above and remove the screnn on your fawcets and clean them. trach in the screens will restrict flow enough to make your check valves go nutz on you.

Vibration when water is flowing is normally a check valve.

Vibration (a loud HAMMER) when you CLOSE the faucet is another problem (anti-hammer chamber needed).  Most RV's do not have anti-hammer, or need them, but some do. (need them that is).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom