Jayco Swift 184bh A.C./window 'issue'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kpursell

We purchased a 2012 Jayco Swift 184bh less than a year ago & it has been a wonderful 'starter camper' for our family & we love it!
We took it out this past weekend & had our first issue with it.  The Swift models do not have ceiling/roof mounted air conditioning units, but rather a small window unit of sorts...they are installed in the side wall above a window.  As the a.c. unit runs, the condensation moisture runs over/around the window.  We had never had any issues with moisture getting into that window until this most recent camping trip when the window started to leak.  Is there anyone else out there that has had any similar issues?  Or perhaps any tips on how to divert the condensation around the window instead of running over it (other than just adding silicone caulk to help seal the window)?
I have put a call into our local Jayco dealership (as I'm hoping this would still be covered under warranty).  But even if they repair the problem, I don't want this to reoccur in the future.
I am new to this forum...but not new to camping.  I'm thrilled to be giving my kids the same memories I had growing up!
~ Kelly

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom