Assistance needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RV-D

Hi everybody,

I am German and intend to buy a RV for travelling around in the US in Sep. 2012.

What driver licence do I need for driving a class-A or class-C RV?

How much have I to spend for a third party damage insurance?

It would be great if anybody could give me some information about.

Thanks
Wolfgang

The license requirement depends on what state you register the RV.  Some states only require a Class C while others require a Class B for vehicles over 26,000 lbs. and there are other variations as well.  It also depends on whether you have a motorhome or trailer.  Insurance will also depend on where you "garage" the RV, in your case where you use for a mailing address.

Hi Ned,
thanks for you fast reply. I would register the RV in New York State. The RV would be a motorhome. Do you know more details or is there a website with further information?

Other helpful information would be appreciated.

Click the Resources button above and scroll down to RV insurance. The links there will take you to several insurance companies who can give you estimates of the cost. But you'll need some idea of which RV you intend to buy. Note that, if you don't have a driving record of at least one year in the US, the insurance premium will be almost double.

I expect one of our NY members will be able to point you to a web site with driver licensing information.  As Tom said, you will have to call the various insurance agencies and get quotes, but you will need an address for them to do that.  You will need a NY address to register the motorhome so you should use that one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom