Housesitting for a couple months

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pat

Well, it's happened.  My brother and sister-in-law are done spiffing up their house and are ready for their month-long fishing trip, two-weeks to Nashville, and then another couple weeks RVing here and there.  Missy the cat and I are  housesitting.  They have a nice little spot where I can park my RV and plug in if I need air conditioning to keep the place from melting here in Mesa.  It's going to feel strange to be off the road for a while, and there will be no living with Missy when we have to move back into our 24 foot motorhome in a couple months after she gets used to blasting around a big house.  Hope I don't have to turn in my membership badge for the RV Forum while I'm out of bounds. 

They would like the dishwasher run once a week at least.  For somebody who has spent a lifetime figuring out how to eat without dirtying anything that has to be washed, this may be one of my biggest challenges.  I suppose I could do a week's worth of TV dinner trays before I throw them out.

I'll have access to a washing machine on the premises for the first time in my life.  No dryer.  They like line dried clothes. 

There's a decent size pool in the back yard, and no rules about having to wear appropriate swimming attire instead of street clothes.  Since the public does not ever want to see me in a swimsuit, I don't own one and steer clear of the pools here where I spend the winters.  Shall have to pick out my least favorite t-shirt and shorts for pooltime.

--pat

{{Hope I don't have to turn in my membership badge for the RV Forum while I'm out of bounds.  }} 

Not at all!  ;D

Many Forum members are not 100% fulltimers and some used to be RVers but continue keeping contact.  This RV Forum is not and never was a strict and narrowly focused topic board, but has always been an online community.

The RV Forum is a gathering place for friends from all over to have a common place to get together, share stories, meet new friends and discuss their interests in the context of the RV lifestyle.

So, Pat...you don't have to be sitting in your RV in order to participate in our Forum...and we're glad you have chosen to join our circle of friends.

"Don't have to be sitting in your RV in order to participate in the forum."

That's a relief; although, I could run a phone line out of the house computer room, down the hall, through the garage, around the front of the house, down the side, and into the RV.  I could then take my computer (not quite a laptop) out there to be official. 

--pat

Pat said:
"Don't have to be sitting in your RV in order to participate in the forum."

That's a relief; although, I could run a phone line out of the house computer room, down the hall, through the garage, around the front of the house, down the side, and into the RV.  I could then take my computer (not quite a laptop) out there to be official. 

--pat

LOL, Pat. Good luck with the house sitting. Sounds like it could be quite an experience! :D

Regards,
Liz

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe-
Back
Top Bottom