Homer, AK mini-rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marsha/CA

Moderator Emeritus
Well, you meet the nicest people in Alaska! 

Marty (SargeW) and Diane, his wife along with Tim and I arrived in Homer a couple days ago, sent a few emails, then phone calls and got together this afternoon out on the Homer Spit.  They are parked in a great campground with a fabulous view.  Since we are all Californians, we had lots to talk about.  They just bought a house in Fallbrook, CA and we sold our house in Bonsall, CA in 2007.  Fallbrook and Bonsall are very close in proximity.  So we discussed restaurants, things that have changed in the area.  Then we moved on to campgrounds we each have stayed in while on this Alaskan Trip.

Their campground has a much nicer beach, so we threw the ball for Charlie, with Heidi, their dog, telling him just how to do it correctly.

It was way past lunch time so we thought we would hit the Homer Brewery, but found out they didn't serve food.  Then we came up with the idea to go to the Salty Dawg down on the Spit, but they don't sell food either.  We settled on "the Boardwalk" and had halibut and fries, with Tim being the odd man out by ordering fish tacos. 

After several beers we discussed politics, the upcoming presidential election and the cost of private insurance.  It was a lot of fun.  Marty has a wonderful smile and Diane is a joy to be with.

BTW, we didn't discuss any black water topics.  AND, Diane has the photo for "mini-rally" proof as I forgot my camera.  Tim had his smartphone, but we don't have a smartphone case like Marty's which has a cute little leg thingie so it will stand up.  Now that I think of it, I'm not sure the smartphone has a photo time delay...I need to check that out.

Thanks again Marty and Diane for a fun afternoon!

Marsha~

Back
Top Bottom