prevost - mci - blue bird - silver eagle ? what starting base and wy????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cntryboy95608

OK i just sold a coach and have been looking at alot of stuff what would you go with and WY!
i know you can recap the forward and aft so i dont know if i would go old looking or new!
I'm just wondering about the three! and WY ? things like the eagle has a rep for rusting under the belly and stuff like that! thanks

Personally I would buy one that is done and remodel it. My reasoning is that you will have to buy so many things to convert a bus. It is cheaper and quicker to just get one that is done and then make it yours.

On RVT.com I have seen some Newells and bluebirds for a very reasonable price. Going this route will knock at least a year off your project and save tons of money and frustration.

Steve

i was looking in to getting one that someone started or to redo one ! i just have so much going on in my mind size make slides no slides motor trans ! there is just so much and i want to make sure it is right! i am going today to look at a MCI that is 70 o/o done what ever that is? but it has all the tanks gen etc allready in! sides are done etc! that seems to be a good start! the man wants 40k for it so lets hope the trip is worth it I'm going with a open mind so we will see!

I have seen Newells and bluebirds cheaper, but its all in what you want to do.

Sounds like the one you found has the hard stuff done at least! Good luck and happy hunting!

well what a let down for that kind of money i thought it would at least start and run! well no it did not run it had rust all over the windows where missing the trans was on the ground ( said runs great drives great) you could see the ground from inside! what a joke ! well back to eBay and the web! thank god I'm only 50 i might not have time to find a bus the way things are all ready going i should move the plans to 2033 or so!

yes iv also seen some very nice blue birds and others I'm just thinkin along the lines of bigger is better! well see how the check book holds up LOL  i see i can get some nice prevosts and i have seen alot of them around and the resale would be there that is the only reason I'm looking that way right now!

ok it is mon july 23 im down in south padre ilnd and i think i have found the winner but im a bit worried about its age it is a 1981 prevost 6v92 with blower and a man trand i know i will have to change the trand to a auto but any thoughts im thinking about taking it home right away!

http://www.rvt.com/rvdetail4991655.htm  Ready to roll.

http://www.rvt.com/rvdetail4971927.htm  UGLY but ???

http://www.rvt.com/rvdetail4772673.htm  Partially complete

http://www.rvt.com/rvdetail4993237.htm  In Oregon

Hope this helps a bit

Steve

long time since i checked in but here we go ! i got a 1996 prevost drove it home from stockton ca! to Texas! ran great got pulled over in El paso TX and found it is very much not allowed to drive it till you have it tagged as a RV! 1200.00 later i was able to leave El paso! got home and started the stripping! wow! i am out of shape !LOL got it gutted removed the wind shield to make it ez to get the junk out ! what is that is it rust! WY yes it is! saw a small spot in the area of the wind shield only to have a man come out and fix it 750.00 OK we are on our way i can see the open road getting closer! (note to self keep the end in mind) first step figure out my side skins! OK two weeks of banging my head and got it figured out called and low and behold it was very simple.. plumbing tanks where do they go ? OK i just went and looked at a few and got them ordered and in place note next time don't mount talks till everything is hooked up! i am finding thru all of this there is no job worth doing if you dont do it twice if not three times ( forgot to think about the gauges full empty! OK got someone to show me how to set them up not hard at all! OK in side the shower kitchen etc ! where am i going to put all the wires ( there are more wires then you think) got the wife and a box of chalk we have drawn so much that we need to sweep out the dust LOL ! some one tell me WY i am doing this! ( oh ya i wanted it my way! ) leaving for Indiana to go to flex steel to look at kits next week i think it is going to help! we will see if some one can tell me how to upload pics iv got a bunch? ill be back soon!

by the way just when you think you have all the tools ! you don't sears and harbor fright allready know my name !

OK on to the next head pounding prob ! what is the best way to go ? spray foam or hard board? ins! i have been looking and they do it both ways but what is the best?

OK all the wiring is in all the plumbing is in and here we go! the spray foam folks came Thursday and sprayed the inside wow what a mess but it looks great one step closer to the goal! ( behind on the calender) time to play catch up! it is Friday and we are headed to flex steel to pick out our insides hope this works! we are taking the pickup to get the stuff. stopping to get the shower on the same trip! we have the gen in and going that was sure a nice thing to see done but now we need to get the inside lights and other odds and ends we have a big bus sitting here that is real blue on the inside from all the foam and would sure like to see some walls up at this point! still have no idea what to use for the walls hope to get some ideas soon!

Do you mind sharing what you paid for the base bus?  Just curious, paid 15K for my 1987 MCI partial conversion (interior cosmetic work only needed done)  so was checking to see comparables.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom