where to put leveling bubbles and how to level older motorhome..chevy chassie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
!. get a frosty mug
2. fill with cold beer.
3. sit it on table. If it stays, you are good!  ;D

Seriously, Any flat surface, preferably the floor. Figure out what corner (s) need to go up. Then adjust with boards or ramps.

It's a pain, thats why newer rigs have levelers. If the rig is close to level don't sweat it!

The biggest reason to level is for your refrigerator. Get a small round level and put it in the freezer floor and spend the time to level your MH perfectly to that bubble. Once you have that done you can place a level on the front or back and one on either side of you unit that is convenient for you. By taking the time to make your first set up perfact you will now be able to level the unit to any where that the bubbles are close to center and be just fine. As for what to use, I would suggest the blocks you can buy just for this purpose. One thing to remember when using these is to be sure and use them under both wheels of a duelly set up if your unit has duel rear wheels, this will not over load any one rear tire and damage it. It really is only a pain to set this all up the first time!

173dave said:
just check to see if the doors dont move, then your level.

There you go. I use the bathroom door and mug of beer on the floor method....but the beer keeps disappearing before I get the rig level  :)

And I agree....some people are too obsessive / compulsive about being perfectly level.  Takes the fun out of things.  Get it close and have fun.

Since I have a class A I put a pair of small bubble levels one on the dash one on the wall next to the dash driver's side.

In truth, they are not set properly.  But they do help me to figure out where to set the boards under the tires.  I'm kind of hoping I don't have to do that any more.  (I replaced a bad valve on the jack system today but the on-site test did not go well, The real test comes WED when I'm mobile. The jacks run on the chassis battery and I did not start the engine so it cold have been a bit low on power)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom