Maine Mini Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff

Moderator Emeritus
We have been enjoying the central Maine coast visiting Nancy and Gary Brink who are spending a couple of months in Trenton at the foot of the bridge to Mt Desert Island and Bar Harbor. It has been a great relaxing three days with plenty of time for catching up and happy hour with the Brinks and their friends who are here with them. Other than a few hours in Bar Harbor and a drive through the Acadia National Park yesterday we have really been laid back.

The weather today is a balmy partly cloudy and 73 degrees that is really hard to beat. Tonight is lobster for those of us who imbibe and fish for the rest. At $3.99 a pound for fresh lobster it is time to fill up!

Attachments

• Caroline Sue Nancy Gary Mike.jpg
    Caroline Sue Nancy Gary Mike.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 42
It sure is Tom. We haven't seen Gary and Nancy for three years so it has been a special visit.

Tonight was our last night with the Brinks and a great night it was! Maine lobster is at the top of our culinary treat list and eating it outside with great company cannot be beat! We head for New Brunswick tomorrow so we are not done eating seafood by any means.

Attachments

• Lobster Feed (Small).jpg
    Lobster Feed (Small).jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 34
Great company and great food. How do you top that?

It's been bright, sunny, breezy and about 75 degrees here, while much of the nation suffers in 100+ heat. Oh, and did I mention the haddock, scallops, lobster, and lots of creamy Maine ice cream?

Not only that, but you can walk across the street from the Narrows Too and get all that good sea food plus libations and not have to drive home! Been There! Done That!

Ernie

I guess when we live up here, we take it for granted.  In this part of New Brunswick, it's the same seafood and fish as Maine.

We pulled out of Narrows Too this morning, stopped for lunch with my uncle in Lubec (Whi is 31/2 years older than me) and are comfortably parked at St Andrews in the Kiwanis Oceanfront Campground.

Tonight was Canadian scallops. :D

Thanks Nancy and Nancy for hosting the happy hours and dinners.

Marc L said:
Not much difference between New Brunswick and Maine seafood.  The Bay of Fundy is connected to the Gulf of Maine, so same water.

Marc:

It has been a well known axiom for the past 60-plus years that I have been around Maine  that Canadian fisherman take the best seafood out of the Atlantic and leave the rest for Maine crews. :eek:

Not sure for all seafood, but lobster is only fished in territorial waters, so Canadians would fish in Canada and Americans in US.  I wonder if our water is a tad cooler, it's not much further North though.

I have a part time job working for the Maine Tourism Bureau, enticing people to come here.  8) And I'm not even a lobster fan. Love my scallops and haddock, though.

Got a darn good pizza & sub place too, if we get tired of fish. Pat's Pizza, where the locals hang out.

I only like lobster if I cook it or a few selected friends or family members.  I like mine boiled in salt water, not a fan of steamed lobster.  I also like to eat it cold, so I cook it the day before.  The only time I eat it warm, is if I cook it in a casserole or in a creamy sauce to put on steak.

But I prefer scallops to lobster.  Had haddock last weekend too, did my own beer battered fish'n'chip.

Back
Top Bottom