? Chat Center Wednesday Night !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ps. Tonight's topic is . . .                                      how do do you PLAN and PREPARE for crossing the border into Canada?        Mexico?        Texas? [GD&R]                                                                  See you tonight. ::)

Hi Phil,

I just checked the link (it's Chat in the toolbar above) and it works fine, albeit a little slow on my cell connection. Hm, wonder what's preventing you getting in  ???

FWIW you can click that link and enter the Chat room at any time, it's just that others probably won't be there unless it happens to be the time of the Virtual Campfire. Please give it another try and tell me what you see.

Thanks.

I recieved a page that said the address could not be located or had been changed?  Tried that off the beginnig of the forum and then off your postings here.  Have been there before without a problem, so I am stumped!  Hopefully be there next week if all goes well.  Phil

On the toolbar above you can press Chat and you are there.  I was trying to go off the links in the Posts and on the Homepage without success.
See ya next week, Phil

:eek:  Oh DARN!!!! I was soooo planning on attending the campfire chat, but even with all of your reminders, alarms etc. - I FORGOT!! grrrrrrrrrrr

I will really try to make it next week :)

Phil,

I just figured out which old links were causing the problem for you and I've now fixed them. However, the Chat button  above should be the primary vehicle for entering the Virtual Campfire because, as you saw, the link does change.

Thanks for the heads up.

Good evening!!  Is this discussion for Wensday 4/16 ??  I may be a week late. Also, this may sound like a strange question ;However, is this the same "RV Forum" I've been on for several years? I recently lost connection as a bookmarked site and when I reset it, about 2 weeks later, the "Forum" has taken on an all new format. I would appreciate one of you folks clarifying my confusion. One last thing, is there a Snowbird catagorie?? lol, I am one and enjoy reading comments there.    Thanks for your help

There's a Virtual Campfire (i.e. Live Chat) each and every Wednesday night. Please join in....it can get very interesting.

Wendy

... is this the same "RV Forum" I've been on for several years?

You joined here within the last week. Maybe you were here with a different screen name?

... about 2 weeks later, the "Forum" has taken on an all new format.

Our format changed approx 3 years ago and has stayed consistent since. We were using a different format at a different location for many years prior to that.

... is there a Snowbird catagorie??

Not specifically, but we have a lot of snowbirds here.

Feel free to stick around.

There are a few different RV forums out there..

There is one set that is operated by the Affinity Group (Camping World, Good Sams, and such)

there is this one, formerly on Compuserve as Tom said a few years ago we bailed out of what does still appear to be a sinking ship (Taking a bit longer to sink than I expected though) to go with far superior software

There are the IRV2 forums

This is the best of the lot in my not so humble opinion.  Big enough you can get help.  Small enough you don't get a lot of noise

I saw one "Discussion" on IRV2 go to over 20 pages, mostly flaming a friend of mine for a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) he put out which said, in short "If the customer damages it by his own actions, that is not a defect in material or workmanship and is NOT covered by warranty"  20 pages of "What are they trying to pull"  (You will note that every warranty out there says something to the effect of "We cover our mistakes, YOU cover YOUR mistakes"  This TSB was just a reminder of that.

We discused the same TSB here.. About one page

Boatingwilly. I do admit to a few senior moments the past coup;le of years but don't remember if I saw your sign on in the Virtual Campfire.

As the host, I do hope you join us any Wednesday evening at 9 pm Eastern Time, 7 pm Mountain.
Sometimes we are few, many times we've a great mix of regulars and first timers and we'd like you to join in with us.

Don't forget to attend our Virtual Campfire, the longest running live online chat for RVers. Check the News Box near the upper right of your screen for details.

Note the time: 7pm MT = 6pm PT = 8pm CT = 9pm ET.

Mr. Maxwell, Hello:) I had the honor of joining the chat last night and had the time of my life! Any chance of the chat happening more than once a week? It might be a blessing for some of us "Ridin' Solo" My little dog loves mr to death but she don't say much. The chat rooms on the net seam to be filled with perverts and kids with very dirty mouths.

As you experienced last night, Wed often has a number of people from veteran VC attendees to 1st timers. Last night was a great mix! There has never been a VC when someone wasn't ther, even Christmas and NY Eves. And everyone is real, no pretenders.

That's true of most in the threads. We've had long threads by people on the road alone, and one of our favorite characters in the 90'd described the characters he met while rving as a salesman. Start a thread and interactr with a few and make some friends --soon they and you will realize that your more than just rv friends, your what we call, framily.

I hope you become a regular.

The first three years I hosted it on Tue night because of my interests and then found that a lot of fixed conflicts occur such as elections and unpacking after a 3 day weekend. Friday's-weekends are out and on major holidays more and more people are setting up on Thursday evening for major weekends, so I picked Wed.

Saddle Tramp... What are your interests, say, in reading?

There are a number of places that have nice chats...  For example Tonight (Friday) i'll likely drop in on

http://community.compuserve.com/sflit  Same time (9pm eastern) one of the chat rooms will fill up there.. Usually it's just a few of us old timers.  Several other forums still have scheduled chats.. Software is bit different (I like Tom's better) but.  The chats are fun

The "General" topic in the Friday night chat on Compuserve is the books by Anne McCaffery  but in practice.. IT ranges far and wide.

And if you wish to schedule chats other nights... The room is always there.. Just needs people

Back
Top Bottom