Fulltiming at RV Park with children?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MyCamperIsMyCastle

Does anyone live full time at a RV park with children? *I'm planning all this in the next 1-2 years* I fell in love with a resort rv park that has a 4 acre lake with walking path, rec room, swimming pool, laundry/shower rooms, cable, wifi etc) It's $600 a month vs a $800ish 3 bedroom apartment that maybe has a pool/rec room. Neither of us feel comfortable in our abilities to home school our children so looks like I'd have to send them to public school. I worry about them being picked on for having a home on wheels. Plus where will I put their toys? Will there be enough room for them and their friends? What do I do about different sex children, will they be fine sleeping on bunk beds or do they need a room of there own? Any thoughts/suggestions? Thank you!

There is a couple on here that workcamp with several children. I'm sure someone will point you to them. They also have a website that they tell their story on.

It can be done and can be a wonderful experience for all. There are other options for education for traveling families, online schools, and structured home programs such as world school and others. They will take your time and effort, but they are structured.

Don't be so concerned about toys, children adjust as will you. there will be so much else to stimulate the kids besides pieces of plastic. besides, video games and board games dont take up much space.

Once you get settled into your home on wheels, you may decide to roll!!!!

Plan for it and go for it!

Steve

Your location sounds a lot better than some of the kids up here in the Bakken Oil Patch of NW North Dakota/NE-Eastern Montana!

There have been reports of the whole families living out at Rig Sites and sometimes just in a Van, and it was not a Conversion!

Oly

If your kids are young they will adapt. If they are older and already accustomed to having their own rooms and tvs and such, downsizing so much may be traumatic. A lot depends on them - and you. Five people living in 300-350 sq ft are by necessity one big happy family. Or not.

At least the RV park has a yard for play and even sports. Better environment than being cooped up in an apartment, if your kids will utilize it. Do they play outside now?  There may or may not be any other kids in the park, though. The more upscale places tend not to have many kids around, which can make it lonely.

Is the resort close enough to town for school friends to visit?

Your concern about them being picked on is a legitimate one.  We all know how cruel kids (people in general) can be when we choose to be a little different from what's considered the norm.  I think this will depend on the ages of your kids and their attitude about being different.  I would think if they are pre-teen or teenagers, they'll have a harder time.  Younger ones will adapt easier.  If they have a strong sense of self, they'll probably stand up pretty well to the ridicule they might encounter.  Only you and your spouse know what type of personalities they are. 

I think after a week with kids you will be putting them here.

Attachments

• rvkid1.jpg
    rvkid1.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 31

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom