Hilton fireworks extravaganza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Join 4,000+ other boats near the Hilton family house near navigation light light '3 green' on the Stockton Deep Water Channel at Mandeville Tip for the annual July 4th fireworks extravaganza. This year the fireworks will be held Tuesday, July 4th shortly after dark.

If you want to have a fun time in wall-to-wall boats, this is the place and the event on the California Delta. Folks will start arriving at least a week ahead, but many will arrive at the weekend or even on the 4th.

Click here to see the location on a navigation chart.

Tom:

About 20 years ago I loaded the family in our 18' I/O and headed for the Peoria waterfront on the Illinois River for an afternoon and evening 4th celebration. Exactly one minute after the fireworks ended around 10:00PM at least 200 boats fired up to head home, half of them at full throttle and (To me) half of those driven under the influence.

WE celebrate the 4th on dry land. 8) 8)

Jeff  We used to do the same thing on the St Louis Riverfront at the ARCH  No way again Jose.  that's for the birds.  Good way wind up in the bottom of the river.

We have done the Hilton fireworks in the California Delta for 25 years.  Of course we anchor with 30 to 40 other boats, and spend several days.  I agree that leaving in the dark after the fireworks, and running down the river with several hundred other boats (after everyone has been drinking all day) is not wise. The fireworks display is a good excuse to get out on the water and enjoy your boat, if you  don't do something stupid.

Jeff,

We've been doing this for many years. Every year I say "never again", but Chris always manages to persuade me otherwise. Like Robert, we go for several days and don't leave until the following day, after the crazies have left and slept it off either in bed or in jail. This will be the first year Chris has suggested staying home.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom