coffee maker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmunsell12

Does anyone out there have the black and decker under the cabinet space saver coffee maker?  If so, is it worth the purchase?  We do not have much counter space and this would be one way to help.

Chris

We have had 3 different Space Saver coffee makers and now have a B&D counter top model.  All of the Space Saver models worked except the clocks would run at double time on the MSW inverter.  We finally got the counter top unit because the steam from the Space Save was discoloring the cabinet hardware just above it.

What Ned said plus...
We have had several of these and they worked well. They are available in two different sizes as well, both 12 cup and 8 cup, if you can find them.
Currently there is a recall on the carafes due to the handle breaking. B&D provides a replacement carafe for those folks that have one... I do not know if is re-engineered or just new.

I have one at my stick house.  It works great and has made a pot of coffee or two pretty much every day for the last three or four years.

Have one in the house with a glass carafe and love it. Had one in the MH with an insulated carafe and hated it. It was impossible to pour out of with out dribbling. Always had to pour my coffee over the sink.  :mad:

Richard

rls7201 said:
Have one in the house with a glass carafe and love it. Had one in the MH with an insulated carafe and hated it. It saw impossible to pour out of with out dribbling. Always had to pour my coffee over the sink.  :mad:

Richard

My complaint also...until I dug out an old Bunn insulated carafe that I kept after the pot died...this works very well ans as I never use the clock I have no idea how it runs fast or slow...but it does make a decent pot and I'm happy... keep looking at those Kerigs (sp) but can't justify the counter space nor the cost of ownership..

George

We had several in motor homes, over the years.  We really liked the space saving features.  But we had several problems with them leaking while brewing.  There was a service center in Tampa and they were fine about replacing them, several times, but it did bug us.  Had to keep a towel under it while brewing.  We figured that we had caused it by storing the carafe in the unit while we drove (with a bungy holding the pot in place.)  On our next one, we quit doing that and it didn't change anything  I bet we had as many as five and they all leaked but we kept using them because we liked the idea and our yearly visits to the center in Tampa.

Sometimes the leaks are just the brewing coffee overflowing the opening on the pot. My favorite coffemaker for the coach has a tendency to do that so I loosen the cap a twist or 2 so that the coffee dripping from the filter can flow easier and faster into the pot. No more leaks (except when I forget to loosen the cap :'( )

I take the Bunn from the stick house when we travel.  But while traveling and just laying over at night, I make coffee in a Revereware stove top percolator.

Jammer said:
I have one at my stick house.  It works great and has made a pot of coffee or two pretty much every day for the last three or four years.
I guess, there are three now by Black N Decker were one has glass carafe and other 2 have thermal, http://www.friedcoffee.com/top-5-space-saver-coffee-makers-for-2016/. There are also 2 other suggestions which are not for under the counter but take up less space. But still, RVs I guess will only fit the under the counter one.

This is just a wow statement...I didn't know B&D Spacemakers were available again. B&D quit making them a few years ago. I have had three over the years.

We have the original B&D under cabinet in our 23 year old Bounder! it only leaks if you mistakenly put two filters in the basket. We remove the whole thing from under the cabinet for travel as the mount brackets are getting tired. We love it and won't replace it until it croaks.

Bill

Yeah we were pleasantly surprised to learn that B&D started making them again too. We've had one in our home and previous two motorhomes for decades, and we were pretty disappointed when we tried to find one for our current coach, only to learn that they stopped making them. As soon as they started making them again, we got one and installed it. Life is good!

Kev

We have a mr coffee for our coffee drinker friends, but our go to is a Nespresso pod machine that we make lattes in.  Nothing like a $5 double shot latte that costs 60 cents to brew. Life is good on the road!

We use a capresso one cupper.  Thought about a keurig, but they keep water in the reservoir and we do not want to drink stale water that remains in it for months.  There is no way to completely drain it that we can see.  A french press would be fun? 

Liviving alone I use the small 4-5 Cup automatic drip machines.

My last 3 were
Oldest: Mr. Coffee (Thrift store purchase) electronic controls.  Did not like Inverter/Generator power and failed
Medium: Freds, Basic on/off switch.. Assorted issues
Current: Mr; Coffee,, On/Off Switch, no fancy controls to fail or get upset with other than mains power

2.95 at a thrift store less voulenteer discount

We have a very nice High End model for 5.00 if anybody is passing exit 49 on Interstate 95 in GA.

dalet said:
Our go to is a Espresso pod machine that we make lattes in.  Nothing like a $5 double shot latte that costs 60 cents to brew. Life is good on the road!

The Nespresso sounds absolutely wonderful but how much do they cost and how many lattes would I have to drink to justify the expense of the machine?  Maybe I'm too frugal.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom