Inspiring a community with music?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
A few months ago, a photojournalist from the Bay Area News Group turned up at a uke practice and took numerous photos with several (expensive) cameras hung from his neck. He also recorded a couple of numbers, but was having difficulty with his mini recorder. The acoustics of our practice room also didn't help. The photos didn't show up in any of the newspapers or on their web site(s), and I subsequently learned they were 'lost somewhere on the server'.

A couple of weeks ago I received a heads up for an interview with another journalist from the newsgroup. I wasn't sure what she took away from the interview, given the nature of some questions and the need for repeated answers/explanations. I also assumed that the article might fall to the same fate as the photos, but surprise, surprise....

Yesterday's local newspapers in several counties in the greater Bay Area carried the article with a link to the slideshow. The two journalists IMHO did a credible job:

http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_21124033/ukulele-inspires-loyal-following-far-east-county

More info on the band at www.deltastrummers.org

My mailbox and the contact phone in the article have been busy for the last day and a half.

If that. But the follow-up emails and phone calls are interesting to field.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom