New Brunswick Mini Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff

Moderator Emeritus
Our next stop on the way to PEI is at the Gorber cottage at Parlee Beach (Shediac) NB. We have been here a little over a day now and have had a great time with Ed and Donna. Last night was fried clams and tonight Ed barbecued a delicious salmon.

After finally fixing the step in Maine our new motorhome had been working great until I backed over the power cord when maneuvering back and forth in a vain attempt to tune in Directv. I didn't realize that it had caused any damage until Sue and I came out to the m/h late last night to find the 20 amp service popping the cottage circuit breaker. Ed had just headed for bed when I started knocking on the door to have him reset the breaker a couple of times. We got through the night with our battery charger connected directly to the house batteries.

Instead of following up on a discussion about golf today Ed and I spent another typical day in RV retirement. We pulled the electric rewind reel out of the coach, drilled about 25 rivets to open it up, and much to my relief found that a couple of connections had pulled together to cause the short. After a 20 mile trip to Muncton for lunch and to get the proper length rivets to put the reel back together we finished up around three this afternoon and everything is working perfectly. A 90 minute job that we turned into a six hour daylong project! Better $12 for rivets than $750 for a new reel.

I left the camera in the cottage so I will post photos tomorrow to make it an official rally. :D

We lucked out with a nice sunny warm couple of days and nice cool nights.  The girls weren't real pleased with the time that it took to repair the reel, but it was just one of those projects that we all encounter.  The actual repair took only seconds, but to drill out the rivets without damaging any wires, and then not finding anyplace to source sufficiently long rivets was a pain.  Oh well, we had a good day, and the ladies had a walk on the beach.  Unfortunately, our warm 70 F salt water wasn't warm enough to entice either Sue or Jeff to join me for a swim, I think they're spoiled by the 85 + pool water in Mesa.
    I'll let Jeff download his own pics, but here are a couple we took with our humble camera to make the mini rally official.

Ed

Attachments

• Sue, Ed, Donna & Jeff.jpg
    Sue, Ed, Donna & Jeff.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Caochs on back lot.jpg
    Caochs on back lot.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 41
    It is always fun to see old framily friends, and we had not seen Sue & Jeff since Quartzsite 2010.  However, all such get togethers sooner or later come to an end, and Sue and Jeff left for Summerside PEI this morning.  I will miss the friendly heated debates that Jeff and I seemed to back into every now and then.  It is always nice to get a western perspective, even though Jeff has eastern roots.
    Hopefully we will get to see other framily this summer.

Ed

Thanks for the hospitality Ed and Donna, we had a great time. Naturally we finished off the stay with lobster last night so we are eating in for a few days while I catch up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom