Who will light the torch?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Perhaps Princess Anne who medaled in an equestrian event?  Beyond that guess, I'm clueless.

Margi

IMO it should be a prior Olympian, and the current speculation is Roger Bannister, the first man to run a mile in under 4 minutes. OTOH I also heard that, in an attempt to make up and be friends, they might have Romney do it.

You knew before we did on the west coast. An interesting twist, and one I dudn't anticipate.

I'm still watching the opening show/ceremony over and over. Although I grew up and was educated in the UK, I continue to see and hear things I missed the first time through.

Tom, it was interesting sitting here watching the Opening Ceremonies with Jeff and Sue, and all of us missing bits and pieces of what they were trying to portray.  And when Mr Bean came on, both missed the humour as neither knew who he was.  So, while it was a hit in Great Brittan, I wonder just how well received it was around the world.

Ed

LOL Dutch, they were stunt doubles, but I think you knew that  ;)

Ed, Chris just got home from several days in Vegas, and is watching the spectacle for the first time as I type. One needs some knowledge of history to appreciate most of what was going on. Chris made a similar comment to yours. I think that the broadcasters, who had  program(me)s ahead of time, did a lousy job of interpreting the show.

NY_Dutch said:
I'm still trying to figure out how James Bond managed to talk the Queen into skydiving from that helicopter!!! Amazing!!!  ;D ;D ;D
If you were the Queen and you had your choice between Prince Phillip and James Bond, who would you choose? ;D ;D ;D

If you were some guy called seilerbird, and you had your choice between...  ;D

Tom said:
If you were some guy called seilerbird, and you had your choice between...  ;D
Seilerbird? Who's he?

If I had my choice I would go with James Bond. He is too cool. And besides that jumping out of a plane with a parachute on is incredible.

Attachments

• Tom 1988-01.jpg
    Tom 1988-01.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 23
... that jumping out of a plane with a parachute

You must have watched a different show; Nobody jumped out of a plane, and the 'jumpers' were stunt doubles  ;)

Tom said:
I think that the broadcasters, who had  program(me)s ahead of time, did a lousy job of interpreting the show.

I think you're right, Tom.  Some of us in the US could have used some help understanding the history being portrayed.  I'm really enjoying the stunning views of the UK venues and countryside.  A niece and nephew-in-law are attending the swimming competition.  Can hardly wait to hear of of their adventures when they return.

Margi

A niece and nephew-in-law are attending the swimming competition.

Margi, I'm jealous!

I think I heard that tickets for the opening ceremony cost $3,000.

Back
Top Bottom