1997 Coleman Santa Fe, How much should I pay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freestyle127

Been looking for a pop up, live in Western New York State.  Didn't really want to get one much older than 2002 and want to stay around $2,000 if possible. 

There is a pop up near me for sale a 1997 Coleman Santa Fe.  I've only seen pictures but looks in great shape.  It doesn't come with much though.  Has an awning, gas grill attachment, spare tire.  Just an ice box, no refigerator, no furnace, not sure on water tank but does have sink.  Owner says no rips or tears in lining at all, wire harness/brakes were just done.

Originally put it up for $2600.  I said on NADA guidelines website it says a 1997 coleman santa fe is valued at about $1500.  I said maybe we can meet somewhere in between.  He came back with $2300 then afterwards also reposted it for $2300.  I haven't gone to look at it yet, but know I don't want to spend $2600 and still think $2300 is a little too much.

What do you think a pop up camper like this goes for?  Any help or suggestions is welcome! Thank you!

It is worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it.  If $2000 is your limit then make the offer.  If declined then keep looking.  I would recommend you look at it, however.  If it is in pristeen condition maybe you might be willing to go a bit higher.  On the other hand, it might be a piece of crap not worth $1500.

Like Tom says, it is worth what the seller or the buyer thinks it is worth.  NADA has it around $1000 but they haven't seen the condition.  It doesn't seem like you would get it for market price but if you see it, you may feel it is worth more than the $1000.  Now try to convince him.  Good luck.  And if this one doesn't work out, there are many more out there.  Many newer than 15 years old.  This one would probably require tires and the canvas might be weathered enough to need raplacing in a year or two.

that is too high around here for a basic with no furnace, etc. You really want a furnace at the very least. That and a place for a porta- potty will make the morning much more enjoyable. Not having to make that dash to the campground toilets in the cold was a huge advantage we enjoyed with our pop-up.
EDIT:  I took a look around on adhuntr, the selection is not so good around there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom