1st Time TT buyer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krp

Am looking at two new TT's that my wife has approved. (Naturally)  Both are within 1 foot in length and laid out almost identically. One is a Jayco Jayflight and the other is a Salem.  Both seem to have the same ammenities, construction, etc.  The dfference I see is the Jayco is heavier and has a two year warranty.

Appreciate all opinions.

Thanks,

KRP

I can't speak to the Salem, but I do have personal experience with Jayco. I think that their construction is on par with any other quality TT, but I know from experience that they do stand behind their products. And I really like the 2 year warranty. It shows that they like their products as well. 

Thanks SargeW,

I appreciate the input.  As a newbie to TT's I was hoping to get some good input (good or bad) about each of these models.

KRP

I had 2 Jayco Tent trailers.  I know a whole nuther animal.

Had issues with the lift on one and Jayco dealer fixed it right up under warranty. No questions asked.  Title was still in original owners name not mine.  Quite the story.  Later sold it back to him when his kids got ready to camp.

I agree the Jayco is a heavier trailer and I would rather be built solid and tough because I drag mine up on forestry roads to camp sites. So That was one of the reason I went with my Jayco Eagle vs. a lite version RV. Mine is 31 foot long and weight in at about 7,300 pounds last time I checked. Wonderful RV and great to pull around.

Well the search is over.  We looked at many TT's and layouts. After talking with fellow campers and looking at the quality, warranty, insulation, we went with the 26RLS Jayco. Our dealer gave us a good deal off the sticker and a fair price for our "94 Tioga Montara MH.  Another selling point is the dealer is very close to home and been in business for 46 years.

Also picked a another Honda 2000 generator to piggyback with the one we already have.

Will pick it up this Friday or Sat. and are already planning a trip to Amish country in northern Ohio.

Feel we made a good choice.

KRP

krp said:
Well the search is over.  We looked at many TT's and layouts. After talking with fellow campers and looking at the quality, warranty, insulation, we went with the 26RLS Jayco. Our dealer gave us a good deal off the sticker and a fair price for our "94 Tioga Montara MH.  Another selling point is the dealer is very close to home and been in business for 46 years.

Also picked a another Honda 2000 generator to piggyback with the one we already have.

Will pick it up this Friday or Sat. and are already planning a trip to Amish country in northern Ohio.

Feel we made a good choice.

KRP

Congrats.  We need pics, of course.  ;D

Back
Top Bottom