EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: dometic brisk air  (Read 1909 times)

jmontoya

• ---
dometic brisk air
« on: July 29, 2012, 03:05:36 PM »

Hello all, recently my kids spent the night in the driveway in our starcraft pop up.  The ac was set on high and halfway through the nite the ac was barely blowing. Normally it blows ice cold air and we have had no problems with this unit.  I unplugged it and turned it back on high the next day and it seemed to be working fine at this point.  I would like to have it functioning properly before our next trip. Anyone have any ideas that might assist me. Before i take it to the rv shop and spend alot of money on labor?

Thanks for the assistance,

John

Ned

• Former Staff
  • ---
  • Ned and Lorna are former full time RVers
    • Have you seen Rolling Stock?
Re: dometic brisk air
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 03:09:33 PM »
It may have iced up.  If that happens, running it on  fan only for awhile will defrost it.
-- Ned -- Fulltimer 1997-2013
1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE
2007 GMC Canyon

BigDfromTN

• ---
  • Memphis Area, Ten-O-Cee
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 01:56:10 PM »
It may have iced up.  If that happens, running it on  fan only for awhile will defrost it.

This sounds right to me also.

You may need to clean both coils and make sure the filter is clean.  Freeze ups are normally due to restricted air flow or low freon.  Check the air flow first as this is the cheapest and easiest fix.

Jammer

• ---
  • Moar Aluminuminum!
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 02:37:10 PM »
There's a filter for the evaporator coils that is probably dirty.  It's accessible by removing the shroud inside the camper.
2004 Suburban 2500 4wd 8.1 / 2010 Airstream Classic 30' /
1997 K2500 regular cab long bed pickup / 1971 Cayo C-11

M1894

• ---
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 07:02:14 PM »
If the outside coils are full of dust and lint, it will restrict the air flow and not cool either. Just cleaned out the condenser coils on all three of mine, and removed a layer of cottonwood fluff at least 1/2 to 1" thick from each of them. Just pull the cover off of the unit, and look at the back side of the condenser coils. If the unit has been used much, it will have what looks like a felt filter covering the coils with a small hole [4" to 6" diameter.] where what little air it can move was going through.

Lee
LEE & PEGGY
1996 BLUEBIRD 40 ft./W Tag
1984 FC35SB Bluebird (Given to eldest son)
1 TeraTrike Rover Recumbent Tricycle (Tadpole Type) (Wife's )
1 Catrike Trail Recumbent Tricycle [Tadpole Type]
2001 Chevrolet Cavalier [Tow]
FMCA F95946
GOOD SAM  LIFE MEMBER
ESCAPEES SKP# 106592
Arkansas

Hosted by Over The Network