dometic brisk air

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmontoya

Hello all, recently my kids spent the night in the driveway in our starcraft pop up.  The ac was set on high and halfway through the nite the ac was barely blowing. Normally it blows ice cold air and we have had no problems with this unit.  I unplugged it and turned it back on high the next day and it seemed to be working fine at this point.  I would like to have it functioning properly before our next trip. Anyone have any ideas that might assist me. Before i take it to the rv shop and spend alot of money on labor?

Thanks for the assistance,

John

It may have iced up.  If that happens, running it on  fan only for awhile will defrost it.

Ned said:
It may have iced up.  If that happens, running it on  fan only for awhile will defrost it.

This sounds right to me also.

You may need to clean both coils and make sure the filter is clean.  Freeze ups are normally due to restricted air flow or low freon.  Check the air flow first as this is the cheapest and easiest fix.

There's a filter for the evaporator coils that is probably dirty.  It's accessible by removing the shroud inside the camper.

If the outside coils are full of dust and lint, it will restrict the air flow and not cool either. Just cleaned out the condenser coils on all three of mine, and removed a layer of cottonwood fluff at least 1/2 to 1" thick from each of them. Just pull the cover off of the unit, and look at the back side of the condenser coils. If the unit has been used much, it will have what looks like a felt filter covering the coils with a small hole [4" to 6" diameter.] where what little air it can move was going through.

Lee

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom