99 Advntrer 37G Black water ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

99WinAdventurer37G

This is my first time hooking up at a CG.  I boondocked at my farm for about a week, no problems. 
I'll explain what happened, and please tell me if I broke anything.

When I looked at the water panel outside where you hook up the hoses, I saw a place to connect my water hose, it had a black cap, but the water hose screwed right in to it.  No water in the coach.  I could hear the water running through the hose though.  I hooked up the sewage hose, then went inside.

Back in the coach reading the manuals, I could hear a gergaling sound in the bath room.  Investigating, I lifted the lid, and it was bubbling.  I thought to my self, self, if I push the flush valve it will open and I can see what's happening.  I don't suggest this idea.

When I stepped on the flusher, it didn't take but a fraction of a second for me to realize my error.  It was like a fecal fountain.  I quickly got my foot off of it and went outside to open the black water valve, it gushed out, one could hear and feel the wooshing through the hose.  Undaunted, I came back in and went back to the book, it didn't show the spigot I hooked it up to but one coming down from the top at a slant.  About that time I hear more gergaling so I opened up the black water valve again and more wooshing.  I checked the sinks, and shower, no water.  So I went back outside, got on my knees and saw another spigot to hook it up to, this one had a white cap on it.  I hooked it up and now have water where it should be, no more noises from the toilet.  I washed the bathroom up with pine saw, now everything smells like a pine tree, and inside, everything appears to be working fine. 

My question, is there supposed to be a connection to put water into my black water tank, and did I break anything? When I unhooked the water hose from it there was some water that came out for about 10 seconds or so.  I don't see anything about this in the book, and I've read the entire plumbing section.  No one else at this CG has a connection like this on their unit.  Everything appears to work as it should inside the coach now.

Thanks.
      Steve

You hooked up to the black tank flush system, used to back-flush/rinse/clean the black tank & sewer hose after dumping. You didn't hurt anything (except perhaps your pride, and your nose!).  And you learned that is not advisable to hook up water to the black tank flush  and then get distracted doing something else,  ;D. Many coaches have a tank flush system built in ...and many that do not get one added by the owner. 

Enjoy the adventure!

Back
Top Bottom