Distant Networks on Dish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arcticfox2005

Help! We are having trouble getting the distant networks on Dish. I spent much time on the phone with tech support at Dish, and the guy says we SHOULD be getting the feeds, but they are not there. We get everything else we should be getting, including HD. We have a ViP211k receiver (HD single tuner) and use a Winegard Carryout. On satellite 110, we get a good strong signal on transponders 01, 02, 03 etc.,  but on transponder 27, where the distant networks are broadcast from according to tech support, signal strength of zero. He says that is the problem, but had no solution. So, if there was a tree causing interference, would it affect some transponders but not others? Intuition says no - it seems to me it would block everything from the satellite.  He says the problem is more likely the Winegard antenna than the receiver. Make sense? I have not called Winegard yet to get their input as we are in an area with no cell service, but will ASAP. Does anyone out there have any good advice? Thanks in advance.

Bill

Have you checked sat 119 for the SD New York locals? Both LA and NY are provided with the distance network service. If you cannot get the ones on 119 either, they do not have your programming activated. It sometimes takes several calls to Dish. Also call the Dish RV number for better service.

Also call the Dish RV number for better service.

Do you have a phone number for the RV Declaration Department? The only way I have been able to talk to them is by calling the regular DISH number and being transferred after several minutes of wasted dialog.

Thanks,
Bill

arcticfox2005 said:
Help! We are having trouble getting the distant networks on Dish.
If you are referring to the East & West coast network feeds, they are sold through All American Direct Satelite 800-909-9677 or 800 245 5899

Dish sends the signal, but does not sell the service due to an old lawsuit. You must have an RV exemption that you qualify for by faxing your RV registration. Also, the receiver is "not supposed" to be in your billing address if local networks are available at that location.

Dish now sells them, again. And they are bacically free. They add $5 for them but take $5 off the packages for not supplying the included locals.

Point at Bird 119 and go to channels 241 to 248.  They aren't on 110.  If you only get one satellite, pick 119.

jackrobnett said:
Dish now sells them, again. And they are bacically free. They add $5 for them but take $5 off the packages for not supplying the included locals.

jackrobnett,
are you refering to "locals" or the Network Feeds? I'm being billed $14.99 per month for the East/West Network Feeds

Network feeds LA and NY. I have the 44.95 package that included local networks. Sent in the required paperwork to dish and they took off the locals, along with the 5 dollar charge, making the package 39.95. Then they added the distance networks for 5 dollars bringing the package back to 44.95. If you buy the distant locals from All american direct they are (were) a lot higher. I think all american may be out of business. The last time I had locals from them it was called Sobogo? and they did not have high def anymore and you only got one feed(east or west). The dish package is both feeds with NY in SD and LA in HD om 110 and 119. NY HD are on the eastern arc sats. This is of course using the pay as you go plan without contracts.

We still have our local Denver stations when home and when on the road I call Dish and have them add the local stations for where we are parked..
We also pay $14.95 for San Francisco and New York.
Mike

Just an observation: If Dish is giving you both locals and DNS (Distant Networks) in one location, that is a clear violation of FCC satellite TV rules and Dish will soon be in trouble again. I'm not defending the FCC rule - just commenting on its application here.

Gary I get my Distant Networks from . All American Direct with an RV waiver not Dish.
My Dish account does not show I have them.
That is why I did not change when Dish became able to give Distant Networks again.

I hear ya, Mike, but it's still illegal for you to receive both (says the FCC). Having two independent sources is probably keeping you under the radar, but this is a classic case where Dish "knows, or should have known" that FCC regs are being violated because they are cooperating in allowing it

Anyway, enjoy it. And YES, I'm a bit jealous!  ;D

I guess Directv should be in trouble also as they give me "local" stations and I have distant networks with an RV waiver. I almost never use the local stations. This is one account.

ken

In your case, Directv has apparently goofed, since it is their policy to prevent that and they normally do so. If they ever become aware that you have both, they will remove one or the other.

I keep running into problems with dish turning on and off my Rv account. Every time I do this they remove my distant networks and say I will have to re-apply. Anyone else having this problem?

jackrobnett said:
I keep running into problems with dish turning on and off my Rv account. Every time I do this they remove my distant networks ....

My second receiver "goes to sleep" once or twice a year from being unplugged too long.  I merely call dish and they re-activate and a little later I call All American Direct to re-activate the East and West feeds.

With Dish you have to reapply every year when your RV Registration is due to expire.  They auto expire your distant rv account when the registration expires in order to comply with regulations, is the reason stated.  Send in the paperwork as soon as you get your registration renewal, and renew as soon as possible to avoid service interuption.

Bobtop46 said:
With Dish you have to reapply every year when your RV Registration is due to expire. 

I have "distants" through All American Direct and have not had to re-apply since I sent in my RV Registration several years ago.

Bobtop46
---

Re: Distant Networks on Dish

? Reply #16 on: October 02, 2012, 08:41:29 AM ?

With Dish you have to reapply every year when your RV Registration is due to expire.  They auto expire your distant rv account when the registration expires in order to comply with regulations, is the reason stated.  Send in the paperwork as soon as you get your registration renewal, and renew as soon as possible to avoid service interuption.

That is what I do. But if I let it expire (the reason for pay as you go) they make me send in paper wpork for the distant networks again. I have done it three times this year.

Gary,

I have an RV Waiver and have Direct TV with both the distant Networks (LA and NY) and 3 local channels.  When we relocate, I don't bother with calling them to change my local stations.  HOWEVER, we live in a rural area where there is no cable available nor antenna service, so maybe that's the difference.  Up until last week our local stations all came in standard definition; that has now changed and we get high def, which is really nice.

Marsha~

Back
Top Bottom