Dometic Fridge - RECALL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caper1973

Hello everyone,
I know this recall isn't new, but I couldn't find it elsewhere on this site and if its already here I apologize.  Figured it was worth reposting if its not.

"Dometic recently expanded its recall on a population of two-door refrigerators. The original recall included some two-door refrigerators manufactured between April 1997 and May 2003. The recent expansion of this recall now includes the same two-door refrigerators, manufactured between June 2003 and September 2006 "

Our fridge is a 2008 and is still affected by this recall so its worth it for everyone to check.

I was having trouble getting my fridge to run on LP, long story short, I took the back of the fridge apart and found that the AC cord was burned.  Upon further reading my fridge falls under the recall for this and other reasons.  I had a neighbor who lost his 5th wheel to a fire which was determined to be caused by the fridge.  By the look of this cord I find it amazing that there wasn't a fire.

Many of us throw away those registration cards we get when we buy something new, but from now on I'll be filling those out so that recall  info will arrive asap.

Please pass along to others, you never know what difference it might make.

http://67.238.126.140/recall.php

We have a recall board and this recall is in there, but it never hurts to remind people.  I'll move this to the right board.

Not a problem, there are no doubt some refrigerators out there that haven't had the recall done yet.

Last month we were at Lazy Days - Tucson, for a new tire replacement.  They did a routine check and found our refer fell into the new [April 1997-May 2003 recall years.  We knew nothing about this recall, so we were grateful for that routine check, since we'd just checked out of a campground where a much newer mh caught fire and was a total loss, which was a totally frightening experience for us.

Daisy

Modified to reflect correct years.

Back
Top Bottom