1990 Rexhall Airex will not stop running

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zbadboy69

I will try to make this short. Friend wanted to use my RV generator (Onan) to power a TV in his house because his power was off. The RV had set awhile so the generator was not starting. The RV was running while attempting to get the generator started. My friend then connected jumper cables from his pickup directly to the generator to try and get the generator to turn over quicker. I finally said enough is enough. I told my girl friend to turn off the RV. It would not turn off with the key off and out of the ignition. So we disconnected the battery and it still ran. So we disconnected the ignition wiring harness at the steering column and it still kept running. The only way I can turn off the motor is to hit the fuel inertia switch.

Once the coach quits running from having the fuel cutoff I then have to disconnect the battery because the normal idiot lights on the dash board stay lit even with the key off. This causes multiple problems seperate from the pain of having to go through multiple steps to start and the stop the engine. In addition the inertia switch not only cuts off the fuel but the LP as well. That prevents the stove and refridge from working as well.

I have searchd everywhere for a 1990 F53 Chassis Wire diagram and when doing so all I end up with is a bunch of new tool bars and other crap on my computer. Free would be great but I have no problem paying for a quality service diagram to diagnose this problem. Any and all help would be appreciated.

May just be a bad key switch. The contacks are not opening when turned. An EZ way to stop the is to remove the 12 volt hot wire from the coil.

My 1990 Beaver will do that if the transmission is left in drive. The wireing circuit runs through the transmission selector switch at the transmission or the switch itself, i'm not sure witch one. Might be a place to start.

Thanks for the quick replies. I do not think it has anything to do with the transmission switch. As far as the key switch, when the coach is running the switch (key) is in the on position obvioously when driving. This allows the windshield wipers and other common items to work. When you turn the key off, the motor keeps running however the windshield wipers quit working. Does that tell me the ignition key switch is working properly?

In order to track down the problem I am going to have to walk through a wire diagram. Does anyone know where I can get a F53 Chassis Diagram for a 1990 Ford Chassis on a Rexhall Airex? Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom