Be Careful with Carter Bros Jeep

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ernie n Tara

I recently (February) bought a 2012 Jeep Rubicon in Dallas. Since i was in FL at the time and had two months until i needed to pick it up, I had Carter Bros. Jeep pick it up from the dealer and install a Bumper, Winch, and wire it to tow (~$1,700 - not a low ball deal). The only thing i specified was that I wanted a High Rock 4 by 4 Bumper. Carter's response (and my concurrence):

Kevin,
OK! We go with the approach you have planned.
Thanks for trying,
Ernie

On 3/20/2012 5:00 PM, Kevin McCarthy wrote:
> The earliest we can get a High Rock bumper is 4 to 6 weeks. That is only an estimate. No one is sure exactly when they would show up.
> Kevin"

I recently (Wednesday) talked to the Owner of High Rock and he stated: "We've not had more than a three day wait this year and have never been backlogged more than two weeks"

Nough Said!

Ernie

Note that I have multiple emails I sent specifying which bumper I wanted, including the first one in February!

Sounds like you are being put on hold so they can accomplish higher profit jobs first.

Lee

Or maybe low on staff?  Maybe a phone call to Carter Bros stating that you will be by to pick it up and take it to ____________  as they said they could get it done in a week.  See if that shortens up the wait time at all. 

Not that it matters... isn't this the Jeep that you had in Moab?  IIRC it seemed to do fine with the gear you had there?  Maybe you don't need the bumper or Carter Bros?  Just Sayin?

There was no issue with time originally; they had it for a month (and had two months to order parts). By the time we settled on a bumper, they had the Jeep and I needed to get out of town w/in three weeks. It was take what they wanted to sell or No Bumper or Winch at all!

Note: The price for the Bumper, Warn 9.0 RC winch (w/synthetic), and setting up to Tow, plus picking up the Jeep was actually $4,200, not $1,700 as I noted above.

Ernie

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skidsteerpilot
Back
Top Bottom