Would you buy a TT with Roof Damage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cncsuarez

New on page & respect the opinions of my elders. I have found a nice '06 Jayco TT, however the front roof seam is broken and the roof is soft & bubbled for a few feet. Very little internal damage, minor damage. Is this worth buying & repairing if the price is great? Thank you for your time.

It would have to be greater than great for me.  I had a rig some years ago that sounds like yours and it turned out to be a really major repair.  The problem was not internal or external, but in between.  There was a sag and softness and it was a lot of work and the unit could not be used or sold until I put the money into it.  If you can determine that the damage is all at that seam and it could be opened and fixed, it might be worth it but I would make sure of that.

I would, but I feel competent to judge the amount of both the structural and roof covering damage, and to repair it myself.  I would NOT if I would have to rely on someone else to repair it, because that is likely to be very expensive.  The repairs tend to be time consuming, so labor cost is the big factor.

Yep, if you're competent to accurately assess the damage and have the time to work on it yourself, go for it (assuming price is right).  If you have to farm out the work.....pass.

Back
Top Bottom