Where to stay in Lake George?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lisarn123

Hi,

We just bought our first pop up (after tenting for years!).  Planning a trip to the Lake George area in August and would love any suggestions on rv parks in the area and family activities.  We are traveling with 2 small children ( 15 mos & 5yrs) so would like to stay in a campground that has amenties suited to this age group.

Thanks for any suggestions.

The Lake George RV Park is shaded and crowded but is close to the action downtown including the beach.

Lake George Rv Park is a good choice for plenty of amenities. See:  Lake George Rv Park Be carel about the names - there are three campgrounds with very similar names: Besides Lake George RV Park there is Lake George Escape and Lake George Campsites.  Lake George Escape is also pretty good but several miles up the road from Lake George Village. Lake George Campsites has fewer amenities and is a few miles south of the village but in the area where many of the attractions are.

If you would like a more rustic location, Daggett Lake Campsites in Warrensburg is heavily wooded and on the shore of a good sized private lake, owned by the campground. Offers lake swimming, boating, and water skiing as well as a nice hiking trail.  It's about a 15 minute drive into Lake George Village.  See  Daggett Lake

Lake George Escape is nice. We just got back from there last week. Have been there 5 out of the last 6 years. We took a break 2 years ago and went to Vermont instead...couldn't wait to go back to Escape....but be warned...on VERY HOT HUMID Days like we had last week, the pool is WAY too HOT. Very uncomfortable not refreshing at all...it is also WAY too Small for the campground. The beach is nice but also small and this was the first year that we saw more than just our group at the beach. The river was nice and cool so everyone who usually goes in the pool needed relief so they came down to the river. It will be changing soon I am sure , but not sure whether for the better or the worse. It was just purchased by a corporation and is no longer privately owned. They have already done a couple of things that the wife and I didn't like so I am not going back next year. Our friends still like it and have already booked for next year but they are people who don't like change. I bought my RV to travel with and there are too many places to go and new things to see so we will be looking for places in PA, VT or ME.....any suggestions are Very Welcome.

While in Lake George go to George's Restaurant. They have Early Bird Specials from 5pm to 6:30pm, the values are good, the salad bar is great....try the Apple/Walnut Stuffed Porkchops...YUMMY....

Back
Top Bottom