Prevost Model Info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cdat

We've been looking at Prevost motor coach's and I'm trying to find a site that explains the different models.  I see "liberty buses", and all sorts of different designations, is anyone aware of a site that explains what the different designations mean?

Thanks
John

First off, realize that what you're looking at are bus conversions. A number of bus conversion companies buy a chassis and empty (bus) shell from a company called Prevost. The conversion company then 'converts' it into the beautiful finished coach. Liberty Coach is a bus conversion company, as is Marathon Coach. I need to scratch my head for a while to recall the names of others.

Each of the conversion companies has their own designations for various floorplans and other options, and those should be explained on their respective web sites.

Edit: I should add that, in addition to offering pre-determined floorplans, the conversion companies also offer to completely customize everything to your needs; These won't have 'model designations'.

Thank you Sir, I did know that Prevost did not build the "house" portion, that was done my others, although it did not register that the designations were not coach models, but floorplans, appreciate you clearing that up.  That makes a great deal of sense now.  I shall do more checking at the different conversion companies sites, ie: Liberty, Marathon, etc.

John

We'd be interested in reading how you get on.

I suspect that some companies (e.g. Marathon Coach) have no model numbers at all. I seem to recall that they merely use designations for the basic bus (chassis & shell) configuration, and everything from there is defined by an individual coach number. You'll see this when you visit their web site:

http://www.marathoncoach.com/

It will be interesting, as I was stunned when DW suggested going from the 4 slide 45'ers we had been looking at, and thought were going to buy to looking at zero slide buses.  We've only looked at two buses, but she likes them so far.  We're going to look at a two Prevosts next w/e, then the last w/e of Aug we are heading over to Guaranty RV, Premier Coach, and CC corp in Junction City.  She's even suggested buying one that need interior work and redoing it ourselves!  I can do plumbing, spent several years when I was younger working as a finish carpenter, but electrical is not my thing and would have to contract that out.  We'll see what she decides.
John

John,

FYI newer Marathon Prevosts have slides.

Newer Marathons with slides are out of my price range.  I'm actually finding some nice looking Prevosts down around $100K.  I'm just still very surprised, when we 1st started looking DW wouldn't look at anything under 45' and 4 slides, said they felt too small, now she's talking about 40' no slides.  Been married 38 years, guess I should quit being surprised when she changes her mind.

Also consider Wanderlodges and Newells, both of which are available in that price range when old enough. Similar chassis quality to the Prevost. Mci and Eagle are also bus chassis manufacturers and there are conversions of theirs as well.

Currentbuilders of Prevost-based motohomes are Liberty, Marathon, Millenium and Featherlight.  Monaco used to make a Prevost chassis coach - I think they called it the Monaco Royal. Country Coach made them as well. Vogue (now a Featherlight brand) also did Prevost conversions.

Prevost's chassis model numbers, that you may see on the coach, tells you how many axles and the length. H3-45 = three axles 45 foot long. H5-60 = five axles 60 foot long.

If your wife likes space see if you can find you can find a H5-60 conversion.

Don, appreciate the info, that was kind of what I was looking for, along with the conversion info.  Re:  60', not sure I'd want that much extra length, altho if I was younger the idea of converting an "articulated" bus would a challenging project.
Thanks
John

I'm sure it would, I'm also sure my tax dollars would somehow get used to purchase it, convert it, maintain it, then replace it when she wrecked it.  :'(

Back
Top Bottom