2013 RVFORUM QUARTZSITE RALLY - Info/Signups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the first rally was at Hassler's.  Then Fred and Daisy volunteered at the entry station and we all joined them there so we could get online using acoustic couplers on the payphone.

It was Hasslers RV Park.  Ugly yellow hats were the uniform.  Terry was there.  I stayed in the coach. It was the First RVForum Quartzsite rally.  Of those originals ;Joe Lacey, Colette and  Peter, Barb and Frank Barbera, Fred and Daisy, and one other who worked at BBQ place.(terry can't recall his name) Terry is the only remaining attendee at Quartzsite rallies.  He would have attended the years it was my turn to plan, but I took him to Mexico instead.  So I'm certain he deserves an award of some kind. :)

Hassler's it was.  Holiday Palms was where we parked the coach for a month right after getting our Endeavor in 1997.  Got the two confused  :-[

Ned said:
I believe the park was Holiday Palms.  The next 2 were at the ranger station at La Posa/Tyson Wash.  We came for the 2nd one there in 1997.

I finally remembered ... it was Hassler's. 

Margi

We arrive back in AZ from the UK on 1st February, so as usual, it looks like we're a little too late again! :(  Jim D, are you & Pat staying on for a while after the main rally?

Dougie.

CRS has gotten me! I remember arriving at Brenda RV Resort in Dec 1997, where the RV Group parked that year when not at Quartzsite. I think the whole group moved the QS BLM in January for a week, but I don't really remember. The next few years we all stayed at Desert Gold in Brenda except for the week in QS.

I will never forget arriving at Brenda RV Resort in 97 because when we arrived I was asked to shut off the diesel, but I had to tell them I couldn't shut it off until I parked because I didn't think it would start again! I had wired the fuel solenoid open to keep it running because it kept shutting down on the highway. Turned out I had a coolant leak that dripped on the alternator terminal shorting them out. While at Brenda I removed  the alternator and had it rebuilt in Phoenix. That rig was our Holiday Rambler by Harley Davidson - it was about as reliable as any Harley of that period.

ken

One more attendee, Bill Purtee, and my mailbox now is in Milton, WA, but home state was Kansas for most of my life. I left the Imperial Dam LTVA at noon today and pulled my travel trailer up to Quartzsite. Got it set up now in what I'm pretty sure is the RVforum location. I hung a left at the brown post 541 and parked next to the wash on the side the sun sets.  My rig is a Jayco 26BH TT, TV is a Cherry Red Dodge Ram, if anybody else has arrived yet.

Dougie,

We haven't decided what we are doing after the rally. Many are going to Death Valley for a week. We have things to do in AZ before heading back to Yellowstone so the decision has not been made yet.  :)

I'm sure we will meet up with you and Mags sometime before we head north!

Jim,

That's a given. I'll contact you towards the end of the month to work it out. Please tell Pat we're looking forward to seeing her too. In fact, especially. ;)

Dougie.

Just out of curiousity, how many folks here are going to Q for the rock part of it? 

sheltie said:
Just out of curiousity, how many folks here are going to Q for the rock part of it?
The only, even remote interest I have in rocks at Quartzsite is when Betty and Wendy force us, with whips and chains to rebuild the fire ring to their exacting specifications.  Two years ago they actually wanted us to number each individual rock to facilitate their placement at the next rally. We, at least, some of us revolted but were forced to split the larger rocks with a hammer and chisel. My back aches as I type this. My wife on the other hand, is very much interested in the smaller ones. They are quite old and originated as coal until they became multi faceted and quite sparkly.  This is all true. I swear on Hank's new 9 slide, twin Cummings engine, Monaco all-wheel-drive pusher !

Wendy said:
Death Valley ??

As you know it is MY turn to plan what we do.  I so enjoyed our Death Valley  trip last time that I want a repeat.  We  plan to leave the Sunday  after the  Potluck and stay 2 nights in Parumpf( sp?) at Terribles  doing laundry and getting groceries and then spending 5 nights or so in Death Valley.

Hwishard said:
What's going on in Death Valley? We might be interested in going.
Nothing special going on in Death Valley.  It's just that winter is a  nice time to visit.  We take the  scenic drives,  go on a few short hikes, go out to dinner, have Happy Hour at  Furnace Creek Inn.  It is dry camping only but good fun.  We take the Jeep off roading. All are welcome! 

Just got around to reading the forum, and I answered the question of the first rally in our rig elsewhere.  It was Hasslers.  Betty got it mostly right, but I can't remember Barberas being there.  I think Terry was trying to remember John Wilson, then there was Dee Reed and two of her helpers who were working the Big Tent for GS at that time and two more ??? .  I distinctly remember the number was 11 people for pot luck in our Bounder with no slides.  Dee brought a big Lasagna and I think that was the year Joe brought a red and green pasta salad, which he duplicated the next year and we accused him of passing us the left overs at the following year's pot luck.  Yes, the following year was at the Ranger Station.  I think we had 2 or three years there, until we became too big and the Rangers asked us to find a different area because of the number of people who were coming each year.  I know Barbaras were at the following ones, and they may have met up with them somewhere that first year, but I don't remember them being in the RV for pot-luck. 

Anyway it was a fun time and fun dredging up the memories. 

Daisy

Henry Wishard said:
What's going on in Death Valley? We might be interested in going.

If you like original, authentic ghost towns, be sure to visit Gold Point, Nv.  Technically not in DV but just north of Scotty's Castle a short drive.....but well worth it.  http://www.goldpointghosttown.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom