2013 RVFORUM QUARTZSITE RALLY - Info/Signups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jerry and Ardra arrived at area 541 about 4:45 this afternoon, just in time for happy hour!  It's warmer here than Anza Borrego.  :)

ArdraF

ArdraF said:
Jerry and Ardra arrived at area 541 about 4:45 this afternoon, just in time for happy hour!  It's warmer here than Anza Borrego.  :)

ArdraF

It was 75 in Anza today...

Well Quillback 424 you are right. Lost all AT&T yesterday evening and it finally came back on this morning around 9 am. I will be looking for another service went I get back to civilization. Beautiful morning in Quartzsite! Was 47 degrees in the coach this morning when I awoke. Now that's what you call roughing it in Arizona. A few days ago it was 17 degrees in Van Horn ,Tx. Heading to the Desert Bar in Parker today.

Excellent shots Bill. I am amazed that you were able to find the time to scale the mountain along with your ambulatory trips to Blythe yesterday. Definitely above and beyond! Thanx again.
Dave

suezek said:
The excitement is building over the flamingo! Thanks!

Oops!  I went back to the place where I thought I remembered seeing a flamingo.  All they had today were lighted palm trees and saguaros.

Jeannine

Saturday Afternoon 1/19

FIREWOOD: Have only found one booth set up to sell firewood so far. It is located in the Rice Ranch vendor area on East Kuehn -- on the North side of Kuehn a block or so from I95. The traffic was heavy and no parking so I was not able to stop and chat or get pricing. Will go back later today see what kind of a deal we can make. The fire ring will begin warming folks beginning at our 4 o'clock happy hour - so please remember to bring a few bundles. Thanks . . .

SHOW PARKING: For those new to the QZ show areas here is some info on the big ten and other shows as to parking. Going North from our site to Kuehn and the Big Tent -- forget it in the mid Am's to Noon. Best to go the back ways down Old Yuma road and then into the Tyson wash (if it's not raining  :) ). Many seasoned QZer's are with us so ask on how to do this. Also ask us about short cuts when going down town and back to miss the heavy traffic. For example, during the highest rush, we can get to the post office on Kuehn without waiting in traffic ("IF you 4 wheel). Also, using the freeway vs. Main or Kuehn to get to the opposite end of all the shows. But again, ask other members before trekking to the shows the first time.

TRAFFIC TICKETS: Quartzsite police love to take your money so be careful to notice speed and no parking signs. This AM if spotted local QZ cop cars hiding in various locations of high income. When you arrive within the city limits, notice the speed signs. Coming from the North down I95 for example has a 45mph sign at the city limit - and another a mile or so farther in that changes to 35mph -- and a cop car parked in that area.

Also, heed the no parking signs. When coming South on I95 just after passing Kuehn - notice all the cars parked along the shoulders on the West side - because the parking lot around the Big Tent fills early. Each one "will" get a welcome from the QZ police. That is one of their favorite high income areas.

WEATHER, et. al.: Yes, it is now "Shirt Sleeve" weather w/only light wind and I haven't seen a cloud since my arrival. We have 11 or so rigs so far with more expected. I will be updating the arrival list more often now so check it to find out who is here so far.

Am having fun today greeting old and new friends . . .  :)

Good, informative post Bob. Sorry we can't be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom