EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: 2013 RVFORUM QUARTZSITE RALLY - Info/Signups  (Read 56609 times)

rsalhus

• ---
  • '01 Rexhall Vision DP
Re: 2013 RVFORUM QUARTZSITE RALLY - Info/Signups
« Reply #90 on: December 31, 2012, 11:37:51 PM »
OK, Wendy, I give.   ;D   

But we won't be able to prove it by looking at the QZ group photos for the past 8 years either because I can't find them all in the photo library.  I thought we took group photos every year but some years seem to be missing (or else I'm not digging deep enough).   :o
Rolf Salhus
Currently at:  Our home in Apple Valley, MN

Bob Buchanan

• ---
    • RV Space Manager reservation SW <c>
« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2013, 01:49:57 AM »
But we won't be able to prove it by looking at the QZ group photos for the past 8 years either because I can't find them all in the photo library.  I thought we took group photos every year but some years seem to be missing (or else I'm not digging deep enough).   :o

Rolf, I began taking the group shot in '07 - and have taken them each year since other than '11. That was the year I was not able to attend. The image in '06 was taken from atop an RV that was parked to shield the pot luck from the wind (a very windy year). Ron Marabito took the shot. I have a copy of that one in my files if you want to check it out - though I imagine it is in the forum library. Tom attended that year, and am sure can attest to the amount of wind we were having.

The '05 shot was taken by our departed friend, Pete. The group gathered in front of Helaine and Wally's rig. That was before Helaine got her bionic knees, so Wally parked perpendicular to the rest of the rigs to shorten her trek to the camp fire. I posted a copy of that one the year Pete passed.

And am not sure of group shots prior to that - though I did take photos at the rally beginning in '02 -- my first year.
Bob (fulltimer - Rocklin, CA residency)
Current Location
My Photo Album
Business Website

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2013, 10:19:33 AM »
Somewhere I have a group photo that IIRC Phill Bullock took from the roof of his coach in 2006.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 10:21:45 AM by Jeff »

Liza

• ---
« Reply #93 on: January 01, 2013, 12:26:05 PM »
Bob:  The year you couldn't make it, Ray took the group pictures.  We have copies if anybody wants one.

Bob Buchanan

• ---
    • RV Space Manager reservation SW <c>
« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2013, 12:38:26 PM »
Somewhere I have a group photo that IIRC Phill Bullock took from the roof of his coach in 2006.

Thanks, Jeff -- you are most likely correct. The windy shot from the roof that Ron shot (and I believe that was Fred and Daisy's coach) was in 2005 vs. 2006.

Have also attached the image from 2003 that Pete shot. He was sure happy with his new camera and the results of this picture - after being filled with anxiety that it might not have turned out too well.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 01:30:35 PM by Bob Buchanan »
Bob (fulltimer - Rocklin, CA residency)
Current Location
My Photo Album
Business Website

BernieD

• ---
    • PressurePro
« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2013, 03:16:59 PM »
Ned, the key word is CONSECUTIVE.  I see you're tied with us at 7 years.    8) 8)

Rolf

Our first QZ was in 1999 and we have been there every year since. Unfortunately we'll be breaking the string this year, so that makes 14 consecutive rallies.
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin
Home is Goodyear, AZ
Missing our Travel Supreme

rsalhus

• ---
  • '01 Rexhall Vision DP
« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2013, 04:12:57 PM »
Bernie,

As I recall, one year you didn't park your MH with the QZ RV Forum Rally group while the rally was in progress.  So, if you're going by my rules (and no one here says you should) , you don't get to count that year.   :'( :'( :'(

Bob,

I can't seem to find the QZ RV Forum Rally group pictures for 2008 and 2012.
Rolf Salhus

Virgie & Fred

• ---
« Reply #97 on: January 01, 2013, 04:36:38 PM »
Please take us off the list. The VA finally gave me an appointment but it is in the middle of the rally. Hope to go to the May function.

Henry Wishard

• ---
  • Gone Crazy*** Be Back Soon
« Reply #98 on: January 01, 2013, 06:09:05 PM »
   Been looking at the forum and wishing I had been there 14 years. Hello to everyone, Margaret and I have just bought a NTU motorhome and will be there around the 18th. Thanks Bob for the article from last year. We were so anxious to get there we came about a week early. However Lou shut the lights out last year and we were real close to the last one's left. We stayed over for the Parker 425 desert race with Dave and Carol, and Larry and Loretta drove back from Phoenix to go with us. Really enjoyed the Jeep run & the Geocaching.
   We bought the rig in lower Florida and the first thing we did was to head to Key West. Stayed at the Blue Water Resort. Lots to learn about this MH as we are now full time. Right before we sold our home Larry and Loretta came down from Okla. and stayed a few days with us. They won't make it this year but are planning on making Moab. See you guys for cocktails!!!
Henry & Margaret Wishard
12625 Lake Vista Dr
Willis, Texas 77318
2017 Tiffin Open Road

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Alaskansnowbirds

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #99 on: January 01, 2013, 07:37:17 PM »
Peg & I attended our first Quartzsite rally in 2000. This will be the first year that we won't be there. It was a great run of 13 years!

Hope everyone has a great rally.
Don & Peg
Alaska/Arizona
Currently located here.
Weather at Camp Verde, AZ.

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2013, 07:46:54 PM »
Quote from: rsalhus
I can't seem to find the QZ RV Forum Rally group pictures for 2008 and 2012.

2012 QZ rally photos (attachments to forum messages); Group photo.

2008 QZ rally photos (attachments to forum messages); Group photo.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 07:49:30 PM by Tom »
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2013, 08:50:18 PM »
I just double-checked my timing and I was wrong about our first Qtz rally. We bought the Winnebago in 2004 and our first Forum Rally was Moab 2005 making 2006 our first Qtz rally. But we have been to every one since then, making this our 8th....nowhere near those in the teens. But who cares how many folks have been to so long as they've had fun at each and every one ?

Come to Quartzsite and enjoy !
See you later this month (Holy Cow - THIS MONTH ? )
Wendy

Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
Here's where we are http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=2276
2015 Allegro Ooen Road
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

BernieD

• ---
    • PressurePro
« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2013, 10:22:12 PM »
As I recall, one year you didn't park your MH with the QZ RV Forum Rally group while the rally was in progress.  So, if you're going by my rules (and no one here says you should) , you don't get to count that year.

Rolf

Last year we arrived at QZ early (directly after FMCA-Indio) and parked at the rally site but plans changed and we were only there 2 days. There may have been one or two (maybe more) Forumites there at the time. That was the only year we weren't there for the whole rally, so if you want to not count it, you can change my streak to 13, still more than 7. I'll leave it at that, we seem to be counting too much out of getting together and having fun.
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin
Home is Goodyear, AZ

sheltie

• ---
« Reply #103 on: January 02, 2013, 08:10:28 AM »
I'm more than a little confused.  I thought that I was submitting my name for a get together or some such thing while at Q, not because I wanted to stay at the same palce as everyone else (although that wouldn't be a bad idea).  I've made reservations to stay at a RV park.  So, is there a schedule of events for IRV2 folks or what is the deal?

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2013, 09:02:57 AM »
Quote from: sheltie
....is there a schedule of events for IRV2 folks or what is the deal?

That might be a question to ask on their forum. This is The RV Forum  ;)

sheltie

• ---
« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2013, 09:30:03 AM »
That might be a question to ask on their forum. This is The RV Forum  ;)

Brain fart time!!!!!  I had just come from their forum before I read the last entry in the Q portion on this forum and my feeble brain couldn't process the info quick enough.  My apologies but the same question still prevails.  Now I have to try to coordinate between all the forums I'm on (I'm also on a number of rock and lapidary forums) so I don't make a complete ass of myself - again.

Marsha/CA

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #106 on: January 02, 2013, 11:46:30 AM »
Sheltie, to answer your question, most all of us camp together at a designated place.  It is dry camping; but we are all together.  Every night there is a campfire and appetizers; a chance to visit with everyone.  The cost is $40.00 for 2 weeks.

If you decide to join in, check the original message in this thread and there will be further information and directions.  You are also welcome to come to the appetizers and campfires or any other time you'd like to meet folks.

Marsha~
2017 Heartland Mallard IDM231 Travel Trailer....Small but mighty.

rsalhus

• ---
  • '01 Rexhall Vision DP
« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2013, 12:08:43 PM »
Tom, thanks for the links.  I guess I was only looking in the Photo section of the library for the group pictures.

Bernie, didn't you stay with the FMCA International Group in QZ one year?  I could be wrong.  And you're right about counting the years, it's not important but kind of fun to know who's been there the most.  You and Marlene, Mike and Wendy, and Ned and Lorna (and others) are certainly part of an elite group.  Happy New Year to all!
Rolf Salhus

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2013, 12:13:05 PM »
LOL Sheltie, no need for apologies, I was just joshing with you. Join the (brain fart) club; There are plenty of us here  ;D

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2013, 12:35:57 PM »
Just a note, the $40 cost is what you pay to BLM to stay in that area for 2 weeks. It includes use of the dump station and water.

Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
Here's where we are http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=2276
2015 Allegro Ooen Road
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

sheltie

• ---
« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2013, 03:20:35 PM »
Sheltie, to answer your question, most all of us camp together at a designated place.  It is dry camping; but we are all together.  Every night there is a campfire and appetizers; a chance to visit with everyone.  The cost is $40.00 for 2 weeks.

If you decide to join in, check the original message in this thread and there will be further information and directions.  You are also welcome to come to the appetizers and campfires or any other time you'd like to meet folks.

Marsha~

Marsh,

Thanks.  Since this will be my first time, my learning curve will be a little longer than most, but I will remember for the next time.  Hopefully I'll still have an opportunity to meet with some of those with whom I "talk" on the forum.

Regards,

Denny (Sheltie)

Lou Schneider

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2013, 03:31:39 PM »
Besides the evening happy hour/campfires, there are plenty of other activities.  Usually we make them up as the week progresses.  A group may decide to go on a morning hike, a 4wd tour or visit a nearby scenic site. 

This isn't a structured rally, more like a gathering of friends that's grown over the years.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 03:34:36 PM by Lou Schneider »

wannabfree

• ---
  • Marilyn & Dave & 4 Very Bad Yorkies
« Reply #112 on: January 02, 2013, 08:38:08 PM »
Bob
Plz add Dave & Marilyn Brown from Ontario, Canada to your list. Will be there on the 19th. Thanks
A bad day of retirement is much better than a good day at work !

Kokanee Express ( Heartland EDGE ) M21
Sprinter 5 Cyl  Diesel

BernieD

• ---
    • PressurePro
« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2013, 09:00:55 PM »
Bernie, didn't you stay with the FMCA International Group in QZ one year?  I could be wrong. 

Rolf

No you're right. In 2010 we arrived at QZ on the 15th. I was Treasurer of INTO at the time and moved over to the INTO rally site on the 18th and came over to the Forum site when we could.
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin
Home is Goodyear, AZ

Henry Wishard

• ---
  • Gone Crazy*** Be Back Soon
« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2013, 10:12:30 PM »
   Dave, glad to see you and Marilyn are going to make it!
Henry & Margaret Wishard
12625 Lake Vista Dr
Willis, Texas 77318
2017 Tiffin Open Road

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Terry A. Brewer

• ---
« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2013, 12:05:50 PM »
Rolf

Although I don't have the consecutive record since I missed 2 rallies when I went to Mexico , I have been to more qz rallies than anyone else. I am the last member of the first Qz rally hosted by Fred & Daisy in 95/96 still attending the rally.

RLSharp

• ---
« Reply #116 on: January 03, 2013, 01:10:04 PM »
I am the last member of the first Qz rally hosted by Fred & Daisy in 95/96 still attending the rally.

Terry,

Was that the first rally by the guard station? We are at Quartzsite during that time but did not know about the rally. Daisy and Sarah came to our location for a visit. We joined the forum rally after that and I have missed only one rally since then. Linda has missed two as I came by myself one year while Linda flew back to Rochester to be there for the arrival our first grandchild.

We joined the forum rallies after that and I have missed only one rallly since then. Linda has missed two as I came by my self one year while Linda flew back to Rochester to help with our first grandchild. That would have been February 1997 through January 2012, except for 2010. According to my calculation that was a 13 year stretch (1997 thru 2009) and 15 years out of the 16 year period. This may not be the record but surely is close. In 1995, 1996 and 1997 we also spent a week at Quartzsite at the beginning of Jauuary with our other friends. My log books have come though again.  :)  We hope to make many more.  8)

R
Richard & Linda
Rochester, NY (summer)
Tucson, AZ (winter)

Lou Schneider

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #117 on: January 03, 2013, 01:53:03 PM »
Wasn't the guard station rally the second Quartzsite get-together?  If so, I'm tied with Terry because that was my first and I've only missed one rally since then.

But who's counting?   :)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 02:23:44 PM by Lou Schneider »

Tom and Margi

• ---
« Reply #118 on: January 03, 2013, 01:58:16 PM »
The first rally, which we missed, was at an RV park in town whose name I can't dredge up, but it starts with "H".  Those attending were able to fit into Fred and Daisy's rig.  We had just met Fred and Daisy the previous September at the 49er Plymouth rally and joined them later in January 1996 in Quartzsite out by the guard station.  Shortly after that we drove to Yuma and traded in our 19 foot Prowler and K-5 Blazer on our 36 foot Bounder DP and drove it back home to Redding.

Margi

« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 02:00:36 PM by Tom and Margi »

Ned

• Former Staff
  • ---
  • Ned and Lorna are former full time RVers
    • Have you seen Rolling Stock?
« Reply #119 on: January 03, 2013, 02:20:26 PM »
I believe the park was Holiday Palms.  The next 2 were at the ranger station at La Posa/Tyson Wash.  We came for the 2nd one there in 1997.
-- Ned -- Fulltimer 1997-2013
1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE
2007 GMC Canyon

Hosted by Over The Network