2013 RVFORUM QUARTZSITE RALLY - Info/Signups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be our 9th consecutive year and we're also newbies. Maybe we should have a contest for most attended and most consecutive attended ? And first-timers :)

Wendy

Ned, the key word is CONSECUTIVE.  I see you're tied with us at 7 years.    8) 8)

I think our last Quartzsite rally was 2005.  And, I think our first was 1996.  If that's true, we attended 10 in a row.

Margi

Ned, Oops!  Pretty hard to argue against Rolling Stock printouts!  LOL 

But actually, by my standards, any stay of less than 10 days shouldn't really count.  And our stays have all been 10 days or more (although I don't have any computer printouts to prove it.)   So, I guess you're out of the running.  :p 

Breaking records is so much fun when you get to make up the rules as you go!  8)

Jeff, I still feel like a newbie too. ;D

Wendy, I think you missed one year in the last 7.  Can't remember which one though. ???

Tom and Margi said:
I think our last Quartzsite rally was 2005.  And, I think our first was 1996.  If that's true, we attended 10 in a row.

Margi

That's great, Margi - and I wish you and Tom were still adding to your winning streak. However,

now that Rolf has decided we make our own rules, I have you beat by a year. Started in 2002, and through 2012, that's 11 years.

Oh, the new rule I added, "If you are over 1/3 of the distance from your home base to QZ, and have an 11 hour stomach ache that turns out to be a tired old gallbladder that requires surgery asap - and a return to ones home base - then that year counts toward ones tally for consecutive 10 day or more stays at the rally - if all other stays were for 10 days or more - and you are originally from Kentucky".

Kind of a long rule - but it works for me . . . sorry, my friend.  :)

Sorry Rolf, we haven't missed any since our first Qtz rally. When we get to Qtz, I'll read to you from my journals for the last 8 years. It'll be handy if you're having trouble sleeping :)

Wendy
Crystal Cove State Park

OK, Wendy, I give.  ;D 

But we won't be able to prove it by looking at the QZ group photos for the past 8 years either because I can't find them all in the photo library.  I thought we took group photos every year but some years seem to be missing (or else I'm not digging deep enough).  :eek:

rsalhus said:
But we won't be able to prove it by looking at the QZ group photos for the past 8 years either because I can't find them all in the photo library.  I thought we took group photos every year but some years seem to be missing (or else I'm not digging deep enough).  :eek:

Rolf, I began taking the group shot in '07 - and have taken them each year since other than '11. That was the year I was not able to attend. The image in '06 was taken from atop an RV that was parked to shield the pot luck from the wind (a very windy year). Ron Marabito took the shot. I have a copy of that one in my files if you want to check it out - though I imagine it is in the forum library. Tom attended that year, and am sure can attest to the amount of wind we were having.

The '05 shot was taken by our departed friend, Pete. The group gathered in front of Helaine and Wally's rig. That was before Helaine got her bionic knees, so Wally parked perpendicular to the rest of the rigs to shorten her trek to the camp fire. I posted a copy of that one the year Pete passed.

And am not sure of group shots prior to that - though I did take photos at the rally beginning in '02 -- my first year.

Attachments

• QZ2007Group.jpg
    QZ2007Group.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 23
Somewhere I have a group photo that IIRC Phill Bullock took from the roof of his coach in 2006.

Bob:  The year you couldn't make it, Ray took the group pictures.  We have copies if anybody wants one.

Jeff said:
Somewhere I have a group photo that IIRC Phill Bullock took from the roof of his coach in 2006.

Thanks, Jeff -- you are most likely correct. The windy shot from the roof that Ron shot (and I believe that was Fred and Daisy's coach) was in 2005 vs. 2006.

Have also attached the image from 2003 that Pete shot. He was sure happy with his new camera and the results of this picture - after being filled with anxiety that it might not have turned out too well.

Attachments

• QZ2005Potluck.jpg
    QZ2005Potluck.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 31
  • QZ2003Group.jpg
    QZ2003Group.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 22
rsalhus said:
Ned, the key word is CONSECUTIVE.  I see you're tied with us at 7 years.    8) 8)

Rolf

Our first QZ was in 1999 and we have been there every year since. Unfortunately we'll be breaking the string this year, so that makes 14 consecutive rallies.

Bernie,

As I recall, one year you didn't park your MH with the QZ RV Forum Rally group while the rally was in progress.  So, if you're going by my rules (and no one here says you should) , you don't get to count that year.  :'( :'( :'(

Bob,

I can't seem to find the QZ RV Forum Rally group pictures for 2008 and 2012.

Please take us off the list. The VA finally gave me an appointment but it is in the middle of the rally. Hope to go to the May function.

Been looking at the forum and wishing I had been there 14 years. Hello to everyone, Margaret and I have just bought a NTU motorhome and will be there around the 18th. Thanks Bob for the article from last year. We were so anxious to get there we came about a week early. However Lou shut the lights out last year and we were real close to the last one's left. We stayed over for the Parker 425 desert race with Dave and Carol, and Larry and Loretta drove back from Phoenix to go with us. Really enjoyed the Jeep run & the Geocaching.
  We bought the rig in lower Florida and the first thing we did was to head to Key West. Stayed at the Blue Water Resort. Lots to learn about this MH as we are now full time. Right before we sold our home Larry and Loretta came down from Okla. and stayed a few days with us. They won't make it this year but are planning on making Moab. See you guys for cocktails!!!

Peg & I attended our first Quartzsite rally in 2000. This will be the first year that we won't be there. It was a great run of 13 years!

Hope everyone has a great rally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom