'94 Damon Challenger roof

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jerrygroah

Tried in vain to find Damon website to no avail. My question is this; can anyone tell me how to determine what type material was used on my '94 Damon Challenger?
I would like to coat the roof  and there are different coating materials that can be used or not used according to the type of roofing material.

Thanks in advance, Jerry

I have a 94 Damon Challenger and it has an aluminum roof that someone coated with some Mickey Mouse white stuff that I can't identify. I have a small leak over the dash so I have ordered a 10 foot by 4 inch piece of Eternabond to fix it with. I will just sand down the area and install the Eternabond. Should only take a half an hour. I Eternabonded every seam on the roof of my last motorhome. Costs about $100 and took less than three hours. That is what I would recommend rather than recoating the entire roof. It is only the seams that will cause you trouble.

Thanks to all for your replies. Contacted Thor Industries and they have a form to fill out concerning your coach and you can ask them any question. Sent request this morning and just got a phone call from their tech department and the gentleman told me exactly what type of roofing they used on my coach. It is EPDM. Has any one had experience with either liquid EPDM coating or Kool Seal coatings?
Thanks, Jerry

Thanks Tom, I have used and still have some of the eterna bond from past usage. I agree with you. It does work great and is more or less permanent. Thanks for the response. My roof isn't leaking at this point in time. I am just trying to head off any future leaks.

Jerry

Back
Top Bottom