RVForum Mini Rally North Idaho 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betty Brewer

Moderator Emeritus
Well once again  travel plans line up for a meeting of RVForum friends.  Terry and Betty Brewer are happy to have the opportunity to share our Clark Fork Id , Brewer Bay,  with  friends.  Ken and Sheila arrived a few days ago and Today Ned and  Lorna arrived but opted to stay at our neighbor, River Delta Resort with a beautiful view and full hook ups. We expect Jim and Pat G by Sunday.  Attached are a few photos to show what we do at these mini rallies.  Note the technology.... No one is talking!

7 :30 am 2.5 mile walk,  no photo
9:00 am 56 mile drive up the mountain to Lunch Look Out for a view 6200 feet.  Short hike
1:00  Lunch at Cabinet  Grill.  Moose burger, Slap yo mamma burger and  2 regular  burgers.
1:30  Ned and Lorna arrive while we are at lunch and settle in  next door.

No photos, raft  tube trip down river for  Betty, Sheila and Lorna.  Thank you Terry for  the boat tow into the current  and  for being our life guard  via boat.

Attachments

• IMG_9299.JPG
    IMG_9299.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_9301.JPG
    IMG_9301.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_9306.JPG
    IMG_9306.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_9287.JPG
    IMG_9287.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 56
Sheila and I are really enjoying our time here on the Clark Fork River with the Brewers.
I have attached pictures of Sheila kayaking. Betty was teaching her, but in another kayak - just not in the picture.
Floating down the river with Betty, Sheila and Lorna - Terry supervising.
Lunch Lookout at 6200 ft from yesterdays drive. 360deg views.

Thank you Terry and Betty

ken

Attachments

• Oregon & Brewers - 2 038.JPG
    Oregon & Brewers - 2 038.JPG
    300.5 KB · Views: 68
  • Oregon & Brewers - 2 024.JPG
    Oregon & Brewers - 2 024.JPG
    219.6 KB · Views: 64
  • Oregon & Brewers - 2 027.JPG
    Oregon & Brewers - 2 027.JPG
    285.9 KB · Views: 70
No wonder you go up there every summer. It looks lovely.

Wendy
hot in southern Idaho

Betty:
  Wow!  What a beautiful place!  I would go there in a minute.  I assume the pictures are form your house.  Is the RV resort in a similar locale, with similar river frontage.  Is it a place where reservations are necessary, or do they genarally have space available?

Steve

The campground is:

River Delta Resort
208-266-1335

I doubt you would need a reservation, but it would be prudent to call anyway.  The river front sites are right on the river with unobstructed views.

Another fun filled Day.

8 am 2.5 mile walk includes a steep hill and lots of heavy breathing!
9 am Lorna's kayak lessons on a clear calm  lake like river!
11:30 Lunch at Toby's in Noxon, MT  Note the group photo and interesting  exhibits on the wall.
2 pm Ken and Sheila float the river with  chaperone/lifeguard  Terry
3:30 Popcorn on the porch, technology lessons and lots of laughing.

6 pm Olympics viewing.

Attachments

• IMG_9321.JPG
    IMG_9321.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_9329.JPG
    IMG_9329.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_9330.JPG
    IMG_9330.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_9313.JPG
    IMG_9313.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_9312.JPG
    IMG_9312.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_9314.JPG
    IMG_9314.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 45
I like Ken's choice of drink. And why do we never see Terry in one of the kayaks?

Kens' Coke wasn't as good as my Moose Drool.

They don't have Shiner up here in ID so I had to settle for the Moose Drool :)  It's not a bad beer.

Ken & Shelia floating the Clark Fork River....

Attachments

• Ken & Shelia 2012.JPG
    Ken & Shelia 2012.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 41
  • Ken & Shelia 2012-004.JPG
    Ken & Shelia 2012-004.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Ken & Shelia 2012-005.JPG
    Ken & Shelia 2012-005.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 38
Wendy said:
Jim, glad to see those wheels rolling !

I'll bet you are not anywhere near as glad as we are!  It was a killer getting things back in the MH and we still left a few things at home but at least nothing significant.  Things like the vibrator for my back, the comb for Mr. Monty, etc.  All can be purchased in Portland and then we can just leave them in the MH and the problem is solved for the future.  :)

There are some problems with the MH due to lack of use but they are all minor and will be fixed before we head south later this year.

Wait until you see the dinner photos from this evening :D

Jim Godward said:
Save some fun for us!!  :)

Jim and Pat,

We will save fun for you and  have saved a bunch of dessert  left overs from an Old RVForum tradition.  After a wonderful meal of  grill your own stuff tonight, and Ned's mushrooms and Lorna's kitchen sink salad, we  feasted on  a dessert of banana splits, hot fudge sundaes, or  turtle sundaes. It was make your own and it was a frenzy.  I  likely will have to skip my Monday Weight Watcher  weigh in meeting  and spend next week making up for the wonderful damage I did today!  I did  kayak a bit today and walked all around the Sandpoint Art Festival. You have approx 160 miles to go.  Around 3 hours.

Betty

Tom said:
I wish we were at this mini rally!

Can you make it by tomorrow?  You too, Mike and Wendy.  We have had perfect weather and wonderful visitors. 

Betty

Back
Top Bottom