RVForum Mini Rally North Idaho 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight's activities....

Attachments

• Computing 2012-001.JPG
    Computing 2012-001.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Computing 2012-002.JPG
    Computing 2012-002.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Old Tradition 2012.JPG
    Old Tradition 2012.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Old Tradition 2012-002.JPG
    Old Tradition 2012-002.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 48
What fun we are having at Brewer Bay RV Resort, the hosts are just outstanding!  Cannot think of a better place, or way, to spend some of the summer.  Good friends, great food, river front view and river activities. Great catching up with Ned & Lorna and looking forward to the Godwards arrival today.  Yahoo more banana splits tonight!! Doesn't get much better than this. 

Sheila

It's always a pleasure to catch up with old friends and this week has been exceptionally enjoyable.

This is the view out of our windshield in the morning.

Attachments

• Clark Fork River (Copy).jpg
    Clark Fork River (Copy).jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 36
Wish you were here too, Margi.  This is a beautiful spot for some R&R.

That's the Kindle Fire, I haven't ordered the Nexus 7 yet.

Jim and Pat Godward arrived this afternoon.  While we were getting them parked,  Jim whispered to me that he needed  my hubby " Mr Fix it" as he had a HFWPOH*(Hit Forehead With Palm Of Hand)  moment this morning. As you know Jim and Pat have not been using their motorhome for a while due to  health issues.

This maiden voyage has been eventful.  I'm telling on him here but it seems after he did the blue chores of dumping and disconnecting water this morning  he drove off without  disconnecting his electrical cord! Too many blue jobs for a  "new"  RVer?  Several hours  after arrival,and  several spare parts from Ken, testing of power lines and  using different connections, they have power. Terry was in and out of our bays all afternoon!

We had  a spaghetti feed tonight with Lorna's sauce with  Italian sausage.  We had Sheila's onion, zucchini and tomato stirfry with Trader Joe's 21 Gun salute spice.  Garlic bread rounded out the meal.  Left over ice cream,  toppings  and  bananas provided another taste treat dessert!  Photos to follow.  I  had to watch closing ceremony for Olympics tonight instead of  processing  photos. Why are RVForum  events always food events?

Betty & Shelia Kayaking..... Tomorrow it's Ken's turn.

Attachments

• Betty & Shelia 2012.JPG
    Betty & Shelia 2012.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Betty & Shelia 2012-003.JPG
    Betty & Shelia 2012-003.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 30
After a hot but uneventful drive, we are in Grand Coulee where it was 100F when we arrived.  We miss the cool breeze of the Clark Fork already, as well as the great company we enjoyed the past 4 days.  Special thanks to our hosts, Terry and Betty, for a relaxing long weekend, and it was really great to spend some time with Ken and Sheila, and Jim and Pat again.

Terry A. Brewer said:
Betty & Shelia Kayaking.....

Honey,  we are in the float rafts , not the kayaks.  Water looked cold but was so  refreshing.  The current was strong and we floated down to our destination in less than 10  minutes but it sure was fun. Life is good.

BB

Ned said:
After a hot but uneventful drive, we are in Grand Coulee where it was 100F when we arrived.  We miss the cool breeze of the Clark Fork already, as well as the great company we enjoyed the past 4 days. 
Ned and Lorna,

It had been way too long since we last saw you.  We were so  glad your plans crossed our  Clark Fork abode.  We  enjoyed your company and all of the  food you and Lorna provided!  Sheila and I rafted today and  tonight Ken and Sheila took out the kayaks.  We had a fire tonight. Life  and weather is perfect tonight!

Jim and Pat leave in the morning to head toward Portland. 

BB

Thanks again Terry and Betty for providing such a lovely setting.  Ned and I really enjoyed seeing you and yes it has been to long.  It was great to be able to visit with Ken, Sheila, Jim and Pat, too.  Thanks again for providing the float tubes and the kayaks and teaching me to kayak.  Will have to check into getting one.  Life is good.  I think we got Terry up to early this morning to say goodby when he wrote that you and Sheila were kayaking :) :)

Will attach a couple of pictures from our stay.

Attachments

• Ned, Ken,Sheila,Betty & Terry (Small).JPG
    Ned, Ken,Sheila,Betty & Terry (Small).JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Ned,Ken,Sheila,Betty & Terry with our sundays (Small).JPG
    Ned,Ken,Sheila,Betty & Terry with our sundays (Small).JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 30
Lets try this again.....Ken& Shelia Kayaking, and Jim & Pats last night.

Attachments

• Ken & Shelia 2012-006.JPG
    Ken & Shelia 2012-006.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 33
  • Ken & Shelia 2012-009.JPG
    Ken & Shelia 2012-009.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Ken & Shelia 2012-010.JPG
    Ken & Shelia 2012-010.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Last night for Jim & Pat.JPG
    Last night for Jim & Pat.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 40
Well another wonderful visit to Brewer Bay is ending as Ken and I head to Glacier this morning.  Ended with a great dinner on the shore of Lake Pend Oreille last night.  I think we all went there just for the dessert, which was a chocolate chip cookie cooked in a cast iron pan served hot and gooey with vanilla ice cream!!!

We will take one last 2 1/2 mile walk with Betty this morning, in hopes of working some of the dinner off :) :)

Thanks again to the Brewers for their great hospitality and friendship.

Sheila

Finally got the WIFI to work here.

We had a great time at the Brewer's cabin on the river and really enjoyed being able to meet up with all after a long time.  Had a great "reception" dinner and lots of talk time. 

I have to thank MR Fixit and his able helper, Ken, for getting power to the MH.  Here at Boardman, I had a recurrance of of the "ground" problem so it looks like a new cable is on the shopping list in Portland.

Sadly we bid adieu to Ken and Sheila this morning after they led me  on yet another " health walk"  this morning.  I'm sure the 2.5+ mile walk at break neck speed will  keep my weight in check and my heart healthy. It is  sad to  have said good bye to all of the RVForum visitors this summer. You know who you are!

But with no visitors,despite a very windy day,  I got laundry done, weeded yard, painted planters, reviewed mail packet, made a delicious meal (cause Terry knows how to  BBQ a tri tip)  and now am settled in to watch  TV for the evening.

Life is so good!

We had a good day too.  Our odometer started working again and we have the best 50A power in a campground that we've had since leaving Milwaukee a month ago.  We need it too, as it's forecast to be in the high 90s for the next couple of days, so it's 2 air conditioners during the day.

Betty,

Sheila has always been a fast walker. Once, when she & Ken visited us in CT, she got so far ahead of us on a walk that she had to stop because she had no idea which way to go at the next intersection.  :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom