CHECK OUT THE NEW CLASS B with side slide ... pretty cool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karsty

2013 Free Spirit SS by Leisure Travel Vans was introduced the other day. It has a side slide and a HUGE bathroom by Class B standards. Tons of storage space as well. Looks interesting and definitely an contender for those that are looking for a new Class B. Wish I had waited ... I would have definitely went for it rather than the Winnebago ERA.

Check out the 14 minute YouTube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHfV0iZtPxw&feature=player_embedded

Wow!  Pretty cool as you say.  I hope these are around in 25 years when I'm ready to down size.  Looks like a winner.

Steve

Steve N Dee said:
Wow!  Pretty cool as you say.  I hope these are around in 25 years when I'm ready to down size.  Looks like a winner.

Steve

I agree Steve ... I imagine it won't be long before other manufactures come up with their version of a side slide. I love the larger bathroom and separate shower. Not sure how I feel about the smaller sofa/bed. Seems that you would have to have the slide out to take advantage of the larger bed. Kind of takes away from the idea of being a bit more inconspicuous when I travel ... especially in a Walmart or similar parking area.

I do love the great storage area with all the drawers and cabinets opposite the kitchen area. Makes my ERA look sick by comparison.

Over all a great unit and a great utilization of space.

Interesting Van!! Did anyone else get the impression that the couch/bed was too high??. It seemed to me that the 6'+ presenter was having a difficult time touching the ground while sitting there. But, he was very enthusiastic though!!!

Leisure do make a nice product, a friend of mine has one of the earlier 24' Leisure vans on the Dodge/Sprinter chassis and the lack of storage is a problem. Was very $$$$ when bought new too (IMHO).

Since that time  many other van manufacturers have produced similar vans but all seem to suffer from storage sparseness, typical of a class B.

I was very impressed with all the storage, the size of the bathroom, the slide out, etc., etc.  Amazing what they've done in 22'!  Wish they weren't so expensive!!  But hey, what isn't these days!  Nice product! 

Looks like MSRP is ~$120k (US) and the one shown had $5k of options.  Does look nice.  I think I have enough energy to build one more myself (do it my way) and then something like that.

Greetings all,

Seems to me with that kind of a price tag and having slide outs, why not just get a larger unit in the first place? While it may meet the needs of some, I'd rather just settle for a sprinter van as that has all the things my wife and I need. Conversion vans are suppose to be smaller for a number of reasons. While I appreciate the design it seems expensive for something that is suppose to be smaller. Just my thoughts.

--AL

The van looks really nice but I can't imagine paying 120 K for a van.  I would have a problem paying 120 k for a class A.  :eek:

The one shown in the video is pretty slick. We saw two similar vans this past weekend at the RV show in Tampa, one was $120k the other 125k and I don't think either had a slide. Guessing that if they had a slide it would have been extended so everyone would notice it.

Greetings,

We were on vacation the last two weeks (have a sister in town) and ran into one of these units while looking at RV's. Wife and I were able to see things close up. I will have to say that I am impressed how large the bathroom was in a Sprinter Van. Negative thing (but minor) is you have to fold up the bed every day compared to the Roadtreks where you could leave beds and sit in the front. The bed would interfer with going in and out of the Van and just be in the way for a number of things. Also can't move with the bed out as the slide is out. Realize there are compromises in any RV. Price tag for the one we looked at which had all the features in the video was $90 Grand.

We like this layout and was nice but still thinking about the Roadtreks. Best!

Back
Top Bottom