What is a good cover to buy for a pop up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cris

Just got back from Pitkin CO and planning to put my Fleetwood Niagara into covered storage.  I would like to put a cover on it because where it is going to be parked is in an old barn with a dirt floor and it gets quite dusty in there!!!  Just wondering if someone/someones could recommend a good cover for my pop up.  My closed box size is around 15 feet.  Thanks!

Personally....

If I was storing it in a barn.  I would not cover it.  The dust will rinse right off and a good deal may well get under the cover anyway.
As long as the sun is not on it or the tires you should be fine.  If you insist on covering.  Maybe a loose fitting plastic tarp to shed the dust.

JM2C,
Don

I agree.  Inside, out of the wind, I would just drape a painters drop cloth over the thing and leave it at that.  Regular RV cover are more than a bit of a pita. 

First off, I wouldnt store anything in a barn with a dirt floor....You cant imagine the amount of moister in a damp, dark floorless building. If you must, put a tarp on the floor and park it on top, will help keep the moisture in the ground.

Ok...... Thanks for all the replies!!!  Still thinkin........

poncho62 said:
First off, I wouldnt store anything in a barn with a dirt floor....You cant imagine the amount of moister in a damp, dark floorless building. If you must, put a tarp on the floor and park it on top, will help keep the moisture in the ground.

Not arguing but cant be worse than being in a yard and out in the rain.  If stored on dirt in a barn it will be better placed than likely 90 percent of all campers.

Glad you are wanting to take good care of your camper.  It will serve you well this way.

I stored my PUP in a farm type barn for the eight MI Winters.  Dusty as heck.  I just threw a cheap Harbor Freight tarp over it loose.  Gave it a good wash and wax in the Spring.  No problems.  Don't spend a lot of money if you don't want to.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom