TV wall mounts in a TT Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pegryfun

We just bought a used  2006 Jay feather sport, 165 and not knowing too much, since this is our first TT, can we mount a TV using a wall mount directly on the wall or does it have to be on a cabinet wood?  Could the wall support a TV?
Thanks, Peggy newbie

Walls are not stout enough.  You need to determine where and them investigate.

The walls are usually pretty thin stuff, often 1/8" bonded to aluminum or wood frame. If you can find a portion of the frame in the right place to mount the bracket, it might be ok, but don't expect regularly spaced studs like in residential construction.

While the walls are not thick or strong, the floor and the overhead cabinets are. I have a 46" in my living room. I bought a TV stand and attached it to the floor with healthy wood screws, bolted the TV to the top of the cabinet with 4 strong nuts and bolts. Then used the VESA mounting holes on the back of the TV to attach two two inch steel straps that are bolted securely to the overhead cabinet. The TV won't go anywhere even if I roll the RV. The TV weighs 55 pounds.

Thank you for your replies. Decided not to mount the TV. It fits fine under the main front window on the shelf.
Peggy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom