Needing to decide between 2 fifthwheels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fifthwheeler

We have found a 1998 Holiday Rambler Alumalite and a 2001 Keystone Challenger for sale. We are having a hard time deciding between the 2 of them the rambler has more slides (3) but the challenger is newer.  Any information on these models?

HR Alumalites have a long and excellenttrack record. Most Keystones are pretty decent too, but the brand is newer than HR. I'm not familiar withthe Challenger model, so can't offer any specifics.

You will find supporters and detractors for every make and model of 5er on the planet. Are the units you are looking at being sold by a dealer or by the owner? If a dealer, I would insist on an operational check of ALL operating systems in your presence. I would also use the same list as for a PDI (pre delivery inspection) of a new unit. With an "experienced" unit you must expect s few nicks, dings, and problems here and there but at least you will know what they are before you write the check rather than afterward. We have a Montana. It is built by Keystone (who also makes Challengers) and have been very happy with our unit. But Keystone makes clinkers here and there (like all manufacturers) so every unit is kind of a "random" shot. I would not be as concerned with the manufacturer as with your best assessment of the two units in which you are interested.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom