Had a great stay at the Old Shady Campground at Mammoth Lakes, CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Campfire RV

We spent two nights over the weekend at the Old Shady Campground at Mammoth Lakes, CA and it was absolutely beautiful. We stayed in site #38 which is for rigs up to 30ft. If you consider staying at this campground and you are really close to 30ft I would suggest find another site. My vehicle is 30ft from bumper to bumper and it was a tight squeeze but we did get in. I had just enough room for my slideout but not for the awning. The firepit and picnic table were directly behind the MH.

The campground was in really great codition and the hosts were a great couple and very helpful. The sites are spread out so we had plenty of privacy and quiet. There was a good mix of tents and RV's of all types and sizes and it is big rig friendly. It is drycamping with no hookups but their is a dump station just across the street from the campground for $7 and a free RV water fill site.

The weather was perfect for us, when we left home it was 110 and the average temp during the heat of the day at Mammoth was 85 and a nice comfortable breeze. Many shops, restaurants and free buses are within a short walking distance from the campground. We took a bus to the Village where we switched buses to ride to Twin Lakes and Twin Falls for some wonderful hiking. I wish we all had bikes, the bikers were everywhere and all different experience levels of bikers. The bike trails were everywhere from concrete trails, dirt trails and deep decent rough off road trails.

If you plan to camp at Mammoth Lakes I highly recommend the Old Shady campground and it costs $20/night.

Back
Top Bottom