Winnebago Windshield ... Rust Issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

winnie32v

OK, new owner of a 2001 Adventurer;
What's the story about the "problem" of Windshield Rust?
I have been reading of some serious responses that the windshield may crack or fall out.

So, How do I check to see if I have this problem?
AND, what do you do if you have this rust problem.

So far, I have been blessed and have seen NO leaks from the windshield area.

Your advice and insight will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

First, It's not something to worry a lot about. The glass can crack due to rust on the frame in some advanced cases, but I have NEVER heard of a windshield falling out of a Winnebago ...other brands yes, but never heard of it in a Winnie. I had a leak at the top at apx 5 yrs due to a small rusted area. The cause was a leaking clearance lamp. There was no other problem on the entire frame.  Now I know to check/maintain the seals on the stuff above on a regular basis.

Check out the thread mentioned above for some general knowledge, do your routine checks and maintenance, and enjoy your coach!

Just to add to what others have said, a search using the search item in the menu on top, (not the search box!!) looking for 'windshield rust will reveal a large number of discussions on this topic.

Google "Winnebago Rust" on a rainy day and you will find plenty to read.

We just got our Winnebago Brave back from the glass shop having had the pass. front glass replaced.
The repair shop contacted us about the need to repair the rusted area around / under where the glass adhesive secures the glass to the vehicle.
They ground the rust out, primed the area as the urathaine adhesive will not adhere to the rust.
They were good enough to take pics of everything they did.
Nice guys, 1 day turn around and only a little over $100.00 to fix the rust.

Oh yeah, insurance wont pay for rust damage so it is an all out of pocket cost. :-\

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom