FMCA Convention in Indianapolis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

indiana journey

We are headed for our first FMCA convention this weekend. It will run untill next Friday. We're not sure what to expect, but, are looking forward to the new experience. Might see some of the people on this site there.
Indiana Journey

We are a little too busy getting everything ready to head south for a few months.  When we first started RVing full time, we attended a regional FMCA rally.  We learned a lot.  I recommend attending seminars that fit your interests or might fill in information voids.  Have fun!

You should have a great time. As soon as you pick up your schedule, take a yellow highlighter, go thru it and mark all the seminars you want to attend. Then go thru it again and where there are conflicts, pick the ones you really want to go to. Don't be disappointed when you can't get to all the seminars you want, they repeat at all the FMCA rallies so you can get them next time. And I'm betting there will be a next time.

Enjoy the rally
Wendy

Greetings,

I got an ad through my email about the event and would like to attend if possible. There will be at least one Roadtrek dealer there.

Got back home this morning. Convention had lots of new MH's. I think there was a Roadtrek dealer there with a few models to show. There were several owners @ the convention.
We have mixed emotions about our time there. Lots to see and buy, and lots of seminars to attend. Most of the seminars were very informative. We met several people that were very nice and hope to see "down the road". There were also lots of old, rude people.
Like I said, mixed emotions. I doubt very much that we will be attending any more.
Indiana Journey

Hi Indiana Journey,

First thank you for the report! Sorry to hear about the rude people. Perhaps they weren't even RV'ers but just bored attendees.

My job keeps me tied down so I can't go anywhere but waiting to cut the rope and get out on the road.

I'm considering the Escapees Boot Camp Nov. 9-11 2012 in Livingston, TX.  It's $125 to attend, plus the camping, etc..  It's not very far from me, 200 miles in the PU to get to my MH, then about 250 miles down there.  Rude people don't bother me unless they're the instructors, I figure I'm paying them to be nice and informative.  Not sure how much I'll learn there, as I know how to drive large vehicles and have worked in safety in the past.  Love that  "smith system".  But I can always learn more.  I'm torn as to whether it will be worth it.  It sounds like work to me, and I already went to one Boot Camp in the 70's, and wasn't real fond of it.  Of course it was sponsored by the USN.  Who'd a thunk a metal trash can could be used as an alarm clock? 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom