Washer spin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
P

PatrioticStabilist

When the washer goes into the spin for about a minute it will jump up and down, does it once pretty bad with the inital spin then less jumping on second spin.

I noted when it was going into the spin this evening and just pushed down on the door at the bottom and it didn't do it so its not going to take much to hold it down.  I'm sure that's just the spot in the spin where all the water and clothes are pushing to one side and it quickly gets out of it but I don't want it to continue doing this.  I think I can get the corian cover off it to see if some bracket is missing or what.  I'm thinking of a board under the corian and screwing into the framework.    Anyone else ever had to fix this?

I have a similar problem.  It doesn't happen all the time.  I assume its just based on the load getting unbalanced.  I would love to come up with a way to fix it.  Will be keeping an eye on this thread.

The washer will shake more if it isn't level, or if all its feet are not equally sharing the load.

Fastening it down transfers the stress to the cabinetry - it is better to stop the shake if you can.  Ours seems quite sensitive to the load balance.

Note that your home washer probably does the same thing, but you seldom notice it because the house doesn't shake as easily.

It's a function of the design coupled with the load balance. When I serviced front loaders in homes (many years ago), I'd occasionally see them bounce across the room. This was exacerbated by bearing issues, and the excessive vibration compounded the bearing issue.

The washer works great and I'm sure its the original. I thought at first it wasn't drying, then I realized I had a button that said full dry and half dry, on full dry gets the clothes good and dry a bit hot sometimes and I make sure the vent to the outside is good and clean.

I sat at the table and each time it was going into a spin on this one load, I just held the bottom of the door down and it didn't do it.  Not a lot of pressure needed either, that's why I was thinking fastening it down might help.

I was sitting up one night washing clothes and watching TV.  A motorhome poulled in next to me, it was 1AM and the thing started jumping up and down, I can only imagine what they thought if they heard it. :-[

We had the problem with the Splendide combo in the last coach, and have it, although not so much, in the new coach with compact residential style washer and dryer. Since both systems are front loaders, I am wondering if the issue is the way front loaders are designed to dampen the spin vibrations as opposed to top loaders.

And what's in the washer and its position does seem to change the way it wriggles.

Maybe it's price we pay to have clean laundry in a motorhome.  ;D

Heck, I had it happen in my top-loading washer at home just last week.  It was gone by the time I got to it.  It's just a function of uneven load which I really don't think you can do anything about.

ArdraF

Carolyn,

iF you want to spend the money, have it checked.  An alternative to that would be to contaqct the manufacturer and ask about the life of the shock absorbers in the unit.  As old as the MH is, the shocks may befailing or it could just be the unbalance condition. 

I know my older Sears machine in the house has tests to determine if the shocks are good or not.  Don't remember what the test is but do remember there is one.  In my case the washer/dryer will be upgraded next year.  :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom