Leveler legs on 99 adventurer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

99WinAdventurer37G

When I'm on a flat concrete pad, all of my legs go down so I can level the MH.  When I'm on a dirt pad though, sometimes I can't level the MH without use of blocks or moving the MH.  Is this normal or are my legs not going down as far as they should?

Thanks,
    Steve

Steve,

I dont know what levelers you have but it does not sound like they are working right.

Mine could lift my rig off the ground if I let them, plenty of reach in all but the worst sites.

Is your hydralic tank full? Just a guess, let me know the brand.

Steve

Well, let me explain a bit. There are 2 types, the first uses a float switch in the tank to tell you the legs are up. If the level is low in that system you will know because you will get a legs down alarm all the time.

The second uses switches on each leg to tell they are up. This type you could be low on fluid and not know it.

I have a panel above my left knee.  It has a switch on the right and then lights for each leg.  Then on the floor I have a "joystick" in the middle, then one on each end.  The lights turn red when the legs are down, and I can't put it in gear until the legs are up.  There's also an idiot light that tell one the legs are still down.  Other than that, I don't know which type it is, I'm going out there tomorrow, so I'll check it then.

Yours sounds like the type with individual switches, Which in this case might be a good thing. Hopefully you are just low on fluid.

Mine takes ATF, I just changed my fluid and it took about 6 1/2 quarts.

It rather depends on how unlevel the pad is and/or how soft the dirt is ...sometimes we can level on dirt, and sometimes we have to use blocks under one or more jacks.

The OP described an HWH System. I had this on my 99 Adventurer. Good system, and I never had a problem leveling on dirt, except the one time that the jack pushed a 12 hole in the dirt. Had to put boards under the jack. If you have a light on indicating one jack has not retracted it is probably the left rear based on my experience. This can be caused by a "slow" jack or even low fluid.

Or it may be that dirt sites are more likely to be out of level and rutted as opposed to a paved or gravel site.  Sometimes slopes are deceiving to look at.

Back
Top Bottom