Where's the Best Place to go RVing for Christmas week?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheLuckys

I was just wondering where people would go with their RV's the last weeks of the year.

No right or wrong answers but I was wondering what hidden 'gems' are available that most people don't know about.

For example everyone knows about Camp Wilderness at Disney and the celebrations they have but aren't there other places around Gatlinburg as well?

How about out West.....or the Pacific NW.....

Here's your chance to give me you recommendation for a place to camp from Christmas to New Years Day....

The California beaches are pretty nice that time of year although reservations are usually required. We also like Anza Borrego Desert SP in California. It's very peaceful and quit plus it's only an hour to the Indio / Palm Springs area if you need an infusion of e citement.

Wendy

San Diego -- stay on the coast.  There will be snow on the mountains but the coast is lovely -- tho swimming in the ocean is not really doable unless you are wearing a wet suit.

Palm Spring and Desert Hot Springs.  While there, take a trip up on the Palm Springs Tram to sample snow in the comfort of the Mountain Station with out tire chains and winter driving.

Santa Barbara.

If you are close to central CA, and want peace and quiet, a couple of years ago just after Christmas we spent a weekend at Scotts Flat Campground just above Nevada City and were the only ones in the whole campground. We took the best campsite right next to the lake, kicked back and just relaxed the whole weekend.

Attachments

• SF010rs.jpg
    SF010rs.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 51
  • SF013rs.jpg
    SF013rs.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 49
  • SF017rs.jpg
    SF017rs.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 48
  • SF020rs.jpg
    SF020rs.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 42
  • SF027rs.jpg
    SF027rs.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 47
There are many places and nearly every community has some kind of special event or show long about Christmas time.

Last year I was near Darian, GA (just 3 miles away) in Townsend and the loacl light show (Which was kind of small by my standards but was still interesting due to a couple of unique displays) was actuall attached to the campground I was parked in.  Normally I am in Oconee County, SC (which is on the Georgia line) and some of the area communities have very nice Christmas Pagents.  I"m from Michigan, where we actually have a town called Christmas but that would not be a good place to RV in the Winter being on the shores of the big lake (Superior).

Most anywhere you choose to park is going to be doing something that time of year.

Tucson is very comfortable that time of year and the Catalina State Park a great place to stay. Come before Christmas and stay until the RV Forum Annual New Years Rally is over. Go to the "Rallys" and take a look --we loved it last year! 

Beautiful California beaches, if you are found of beaches and beach volleyball, building sandcastles, hiking along picturesque seaside trails or catching a wave then there are many beaches here in California where you can celebrate your Christmas.

Best place is Chula Vista resort, San Diego, they go all out on Xmas decorations, RV`s are also decorated like you`ve never seen, plus they have a boat parade next door, fantastic!!

James Island, SC if you enjoy the light display! Never been there at Christmas, but we did stay at the RV Park there and have heard the the Lights are beautiful. See http://www.charlestonlowcountry.com/specialpages/festivaloflights.html

The James Island County RV park is nice.

I guess I should say that I will be at Catalina State Park just north of Tucson in the Oro Valley. But no light show.

ken

Ken & Sheila said:
James Island, SC if you enjoy the light display! Never been there at Christmas, but we did stay at the RV Park there and have heard the the Lights are beautiful. See http://www.charlestonlowcountry.com/specialpages/festivaloflights.html

The James Island County RV park is nice.

I guess I should say that I will be at Catalina State Park just north of Tucson in the Oro Valley. But no light show.

ken

We are going to be there around Christmas this year.  We will be spending Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in Colonial Williamsburg, but the first few days of our trip will be in the James Island Park.  I saw the ads for the Festival of Lights and was curious how good it was.

We were there years ago while they were setting up the lights. The last night we were there they turned them on and we got to drive through.  Great show and even though our drive was free, I would pay to see them again.  I thought we  would be there one year as a grand daughter was in school there but she change schools to the DC  area.  Oh, well one  of these days!    :)

We're trying to figure out what to do as well.  We were thinking about Disney, but found out it is THE BUSIEST time of year.  We really want to use the camper, but would prefer to bring it somewhere warm(er).  We're in northern West Virginia.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom