Mini-rallies, past and future

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lorna

This past Sunday we were able to get together with Kim and Christi B. for breakfast at the Black Bear Restaurant in Sequim, WA.  It was a fast catchup on what they have been doing and what they will be doing next.  On Sept. 1 they will be coming into Gilgal RV Park where we have been the last five days and will be here for two months.  It would have been great to spend more time with them but we left Gilgal yesterday to spend one night at Forks.  They had been staying at Forks, WA for a week and had left there on Saturday.  There is a picture to make it official.

Tomorrow morning we will be going to breakfast with Jim and Pat G. here in Portland, OR to enjoy their company some more after Clark Fork.  After breakfast we will be driving down to Sutherland to spend at least a week with more Framily at the SKP park.  Life is great when you can spend time with Framily wherever you go.

Attachments

• Kim, Christi & Lorna (Small).JPG
    Kim, Christi & Lorna (Small).JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 49
Two of our favorite Framily families!  Now that's a Rally we are sorry to miss!  Happy travels to y'all!

Sutherlin awaits you!  As you know, we can't reserve spots here, BUT ....  I think you'll be happy on Lot 176 or 177 if Helaine and Wally and Tom and I can effectively scare other renters away from those sites.  ;D ;D ;D  The constant threat of earthquake, the Cooper Creek dam might break, a tsunami might reach this far inland ... we'll think of something!

Margi

Sutherlin is a dangerous place, but we're still coming tomorrow.

I had a nice visit with Ned & Lorna this afternoon while Pat got a rejuvinating nap.  We both are looking forward to breakfast with them and then we are going to crash.  It has been great to visit the family here and meet the newer great grand babies but It has been an exhausting week for Pat and I.  Must be something about growing old.  :(

Christi and I have been so fortunate over the last two years of full timing to have met so many wonderful people on the Forum and in person, including all of the above posters except Tom and Margi (and we are not finished with Oregon!). The things we have learned and lessons we have shared almost cannot be quantified.

I know there are many folks who have yet to experience a Frally, mini or otherwise, but I would encourage those folks to find one soon, and mix and mingle with some of the most welcoming people you could ever hope to meet. If you can't find one, invent one, and they will come!

Thanks to all, past and future, for making this lifestyle such a comfortable and exciting experience!

This morning we had breakfast with Jim and Pat G. at one of their favorite restaurants in Portland.  It was wonderful to be able to visit with them again and to enjoy some very good food.  We look forward to seeing them when we get back to Yellowstone in a week or two.  Safe travels to them on their way to Olympia and home.  The attached pictures make it official.

Attachments

• Pat, Jim & Ned (Small).JPG
    Pat, Jim & Ned (Small).JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Lorna, Pat, Jim & Ned(Small).JPG
    Lorna, Pat, Jim & Ned(Small).JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 35
It was great to be able to spend time with Ned and Lorna.  After too long without seeing Framily they seem to be popping up all over the place.  Now the complaint is too short a time as we had dinner in ID and now breakfast in OR.  There is also a promise of seeing them again this summer in either Yellostone or Belgrade or possibly even both.  Whichever it is weill enjoy there company.

Off to Olympia in the morning so if there are Framily near, let us know as we will be there through at least Labor Day.

skyking4ar2 said:
Well, Jim, they are having the First Annual Balloon Festival over here at Sequim over Labor Day weekend!

Since we are in Oly it is tempting.  We are there to view my daughter's new digs and I suspect provide moral aupport to the move.  I doubt there is any way to escape this weekend as I tried so we could stay in PDX.  :(  No luck so it is Oly this week and then off to home and waiting Drs and therapy for a few more weeks at least. 

We are hoping to leave in late Nov. or early Dec. for warmer climes!

We'll be up that way in late October / early November before heading south thru California. Anyone still going to be around ?

We'll be arriving at Sutherlin Thursday afternoon.  Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Jeannine & Dan

Jeannine & Dan, we're looking forward to seeing you.  We're just across the street from Wally and Helaine in 177.

Jim Godward said:
Jim,

We should be home sometime late next week.  It could be as early as Thurday evening but more likely Friday or later.

OK, we'll let you know when we need to go to Bozeman again. :)

Back
Top Bottom