Framily members around the Gulf coast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Do we have any Framily members affected or potentially affected by Isaac?

Brits In The Bayou aka theBrits (the Underhills) used to live in New Orleans, but I lost track of them after they sold their RV. Looks like they occasionally check in to view messages (last visit in July). I hope they and other Framily members stay safe.

Be sure to keep an eye on the storm watch Steve!

Our pregnant daughter and family are riding it out in Baton Rouge - here's their current forecast - Showers and thunderstorms continuing through late evening. Cloudy with strong and gusty winds. Temperatures steady in the mid 70s. Winds SE at 40 to 60 mph

If they can hold power, they will probably do fine.

Family at Orange Beach evacuated several days ago, just in case, back to Meridian, Mississippi, the "land mass between New Orleans and Alabama" as The Weather Channel" called them. (FYI - during Katrina, 120 mph hurricane force wind leveled Meridian - bet you didn't hear that story!)

Family in Arkansas are preparing for 12 inches of rain.

But everyone is fine and I am glad we don't have to get back before hurricane season ends.

Riding it out here at home in Denham Springs (5 miles east from Baton Rouge, 75 miles w of New Orleans).  Heavy rains and strong winds for us.  We still have power - thank the good LORD!  The eye still hasn't gotten to us.  It's currently 29 miles south of us heading this way.  We're on the 'bad side' so I'm hoping the power still holds.  The RV is probably rocking at the storage unit, hoping it's not rolling too!  Blessings, prayers and thanks to God that we're ok!

Not bad at all in SW Louisiana, a little wind and  less than 2" of rain.

Anyone heard from Jim and Tarry Johnson in Alabama?

ArdraF

ArdraF said:
Anyone heard from Jim and Tarry Johnson in Alabama?

I heard from Jim about 2 weeks ago and they had suffered another lightning strike that took out several computers, DVRs, printer, garage door opener, and probably other electronics.  Nothing since then.

If Jim and Tarry are OK themselves, I'll bet they're already mobilized to help others along the Gulf.  I hope they check in soon.

Margi

I would expect the Johnsons are getting ready to help the less fortunate. We may not hear from them until the storm has passed.

We are doing well.  Have made a list of everything that was wiped out with the lightening strike and will settle that all later.  On Sat we head to PA, after some delay, and will be back home sometime before Thanksgiving.  Appreciate the thoughts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom