looking for a campground near Medford Or.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wally12

Planning on going up to the Medford Or area in mid to late Sept. for a few weeks of flyfishing.  Any recommendations on where to stay. I have a 30' 5er that is set up for boondocking but prefer a state or federal campground with a host
Thanks

Valley of the Rogue state park.  About half way between Medford and Grants Pass.

Not sure of where you are planning on flyfishing but we spent a night at the Valley of the Rouge State Park this past May on our way to visit family in CA.  Right off the interstate but the large site we ended up with did not have any traffic noise and within walking distance to teh Rouge River.  We plan on going back and spending more time there.

Carl

I've lived in the Rogue Valley for the last 30 years and agree that Valley of the Rogue is probably the most centrally located public campground with hosts that is on the river.  Emigrant Lake is a nice county park however it puts you quite a distance from the river, but is a great choice if you want to spend some time in Ashland at OSF or other theaters.  Some other suggestions depending where on the Rogue you plan to fish (listed from Northeast to West)... these all have hosts, all with at least water and electric except Farewell Bend.)

Farewell Bend near Union Creek (USFS)
Joseph Stewart State Park between Trail and Prospect (Oregon State Park)
Rogue Elk County Park near Trail (Jackson County)
Valley of The Rogue State Park (Oregon State Park)
Indian Mary County Park below Merlin (Josephine County Parks)

There are a number of smaller federal and county campgrounds nearby but not all have hosts.

If you'd like more information feel free to PM me.

Back
Top Bottom