CHAPTER SEVEN .... if you are interested ....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seajay

We ambled along behind the bulls.  We did not want to push them because of the rough footing but we needed to keep them moving because it was after noon and the sun can set early up in the high country. 
Booger was doing fine with the footing but every now and then he would ''slip a foot'' on the wet rocks.  You should understand that the ''rocks'' up there were larger than a house with just the tops of them showing above ground.  They had been worn smooth and almost looked like pavement in a lot of places.  There were little rivelets of water running over most of them and my horse would slip every now and then.  For this reason I was kinda holding back on the horse and I was getting further and further behind Art and Jim and the bulls.  When I got about 300 feet behind everyone Art turned in his saddle and advised me to give the horse his head and catch up because if I got lost up there I could be tough too find, especially after dark because my horse had no ''head lights''..... (I am teasing now)
I looked down at Art and told him that I was afraid Booger might take a nasty fall and break a leg and I did not have money enough to pay for the horse. Art said ''not to worry'' ...'''If he does take a fall and break a leg then he would simply shoot the horse in the head and I could ride up behind Jim or simply walk out because it was all down hill from here''........  I was afraid to ask what would happen if I should happen to ''fall and break a leg''.......
We ambled down thru timberline and on down the mountain.  Sometimes the bulls would want to stop and ''pick'' and we would urge them on with a knotted rope across their hind quarters. 
We made it down off the mountain and the sun was sinking fast.  Art found a corral and we put the bulls inside with orders from Art that Jim and I should come back tomorrow and get the bulls and bring them on down to pasture with the rest of the cows.
''I am going to get his wife Letra tomorrow and bring her back to stay with us.  The food will get lots better because she is a good cook.''
After dropping off the bulls we made pretty good time getting back to the cabin just before sunset. 
I dont know if you have ever had a sore fanny from riding a horse but it is definitely not fun.  That night I slept on my tummy.........

the adventure continues  with a ''run a way'' horse with me on it.  I almost lost my hat in the process.....................  more later if you are interested ?...cj..

God bless the people of Desert STorm.   

Back
Top Bottom